• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ha ha, Mr. Worman!

While the entertainment thing I am sure has some truth behind it, I cannot personally get past the "expert" crap which has existed since E1; he is a complete and total D bag. The way he rags on everyone is a sure sign he has security issues, I suspect he was without lunch money frequently growing up. His pal Darren was just as bad and in some ways worse, but took an immense amount of abuse that in other places/situations would surely have ended in some work place violence. It is just a worthless show overall (at least to me). Every car show has some level of "entertainment" whether it is showing the staff racing go carts, a deeper look into one or two of the staff's personal lives, etc. While I could do without these segments I totally get why they are there, to give depth to the show and to pull in the non car person to watch.

Conversely you have Fantom Works; way too much drama in virtually every segment most of which is clearly fabricated for the camera. Every issue no matter how small is catastrophic and is accompanied with stern looks, cussing, and a show of defeat; all of which are intended to get the viewer concerned so that they will watch to see if it is resolved, which of course it is in the next segment (usually very easily). I cannot watch that show due to that aspect and the fact that they are no different than any other corner garage in the country, they do not do anything "special" or unique. The closest they go was the fiberglass top for the 63 corvette roadsters which was pretty neat but I think flopped because no 2 cars are exactly the same and the cost of fitting one is probably prohibitive to most (or they don't seal or something).

I don't watch car shows for the sheer entertainment, I want to see something unique or interesting done that I maybe have not tried or thought of. I understand that these shows are in the end "entertainment" but the "good" shows actually show you something you want to do, wish you could do, wish you could afford, or something that you can do. Shows that do this (IMO) are Bitchin rides, Full Custom Garage, some of the early Gas Monkey shows, wheeler dealers, Jay Leno's garage, garage squad, Roadkill, Hot Rod garage, Gearz, Fourwheelin, vegas rat rods, and I am sure there are a few more I am forgetting and a few I haven't watched.

While GYC has the potential to be a great show (for Mopar guys), I sincerely believe that Mark's personality, ego and downright lack of ability prohibit this from ever happening. Ergo, this show will forever suck regardless of how much car building they actually show.
Replying to an old post. The Fantom works guy is a former SF guy, but I don't think he ever said what group he was with, or ODA. drama was too silly, Worman must have gotten worked over in his younger days.

Replying to an old post. The Fantom works guy is a former SF guy, but I don't think he ever said what group he was with, or ODA. drama was too silly, Worman must have gotten worked over in his younger days.

Dan Short

24 years in the army as a member of the 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne), flying in the 18th Aviation Brigade, and finally building aircraft for the Task Force 160th

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5702918/bio

The man has earned his right to have an attitude! I for one enjoyed his show and talents. Worman, um not so much.

An Army guy in a Navy town! :rolleyes:

:usflag:

What I'd like to know is why no one calls him the worm or wormy even l mean with a name like Worman he's a prime candidate surely?

This is probably old news here but I just saw the Graveyard Carz episode where the wrong end of the lower control arms were finished in cosmoline! For a guy that talks the talk as much as him I thought that was absolutely hilarious!

Gee,
I'm STILL amazed some guys hate GYC and Mark.
Sorry to hear that.

Gee,
Sorry to hear that.
I don't hate him by any means. But, he is misleading people by saying he puts out cars exactly as they came off the line. I've kinda thought stock is overrated. So, if he wants to clear coat and buff those cars, great! They look amazing! I do get some laughs out of him, especially when a novice like me can immediately spot things done wrong, like the control arms restored 'backwards'!

I don't hate him by any means. But, he is misleading people by saying he puts out cars exactly as they came off the line. I've kinda thought stock is overrated. So, if he wants to clear coat and buff those cars, great! They look amazing! I do get some laughs out of him, especially when a novice like me can immediately spot things done wrong, like the control arms restored 'backwards'!

Yeah,
My 70 Superbee is original paint.
I have "runs" in the paint on the panel under the front bumper.
I know, I know...
But there truly are "Haters" of him on this Forum.
I for one wish "I" were married to his daughter!
(I wouldnt have any Mopar issues)

:rofl:

Gee,
Sorry to hear that.
I think mostly people dislike drama and stupid stuff on these car shows, I do. I respect his knowledge. Sometimes his pinion and interpretation of fats varies from other people just as knowledgable maybe. Its all Hollywood!

Yeah,
My 70 Superbee is original paint.
I have "runs" in the paint on the panel under the front bumper.
I know, I know...
But there truly are "Haters" of him on this Forum.
I for one wish "I" were married to his daughter!
(I wouldnt have any Mopar issues)

:rofl:
come on ski you wouldn't to be married to his daughter you think you have problems now imagine the problems you have have now ,you most likely would like to use her now and then right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :lol::thumbsup:

I am one of the haters who absolutely despise Wormy and his show; complete BS, a stain on the hobby and Wormy is an egotistic POS who eventually can read a parts manual and wow people by spitting out a parts number like he is the one who assigned it. Every time I have tried to watch that show over the years, it takes but a minute before he is saying something wrong and/or stating "he is the biggest expert of Mopar's in the country"..

Auto Transport Service
Back