• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ha ha, Mr. Worman!

Rust Valley restorers seems to have alot of mopar content. It seems to be more reality however he always has the parts he needs.

So far I enjoy the show.

Also I noticed Junkyard Empire has a variety of makes. I know he did a viper and a cuda with a hellcat motor.

All these shows start out great then go to crap.

Agreed. About 10 years ago I decided to replace the original vinyl top on my Charger after noticing a small area of bubbling underneath. It turned out to be an easy minor fix, but the odd part was while removing the old top I saw that the factory applied adhesive on the driver's side half of the roof only. How was the passenger side secured? By the stainless drip rail molding. At least I only had to spend half the time removing old adhesive. They must have been really pushing them out the door back then.
Somebody went to the potty.

Somebody went to the potty.
Someone should start a thread about the "human" side of what odd things have been discovered during a restoration. I'm sure it would be very entertaining. In the late 80's I knew the original owner of a '65 Coronet who went to replace the original carpet and found numerous chicken bones underneath. Another guy I know has a 64 880 wagon, did the same thing and found a flattened coffee cup and a company letter about investing for your future. I guess it was quicker than finding a trash can.

Ref GYC - completely unwatchable IMO, but hey thats why TVs have channel selectors...

Ref finding stuff in cars, found a smashed coke can in a frame rail of a 73 Cuda once, found an extra set of keys and a sticker that said "Rallye" under the carpet of a 74 Rallye Challenger that had less that 10K miles on it. Still trying to figure out why that sticker was in there and where it came from since none of the Challengers has such a thing, but one thing was for certain, that sticker was put into that car when it was being built.

Probably we have all heard about whiskey bottles left inside doors.. I had a friend that bought a new Torino. After a few years the entire hood and a fender changed colors-faded. Pretty sure it had been repainted , but by who? Factory- Dealer- Transportation co. ?................................MO

My buddy got a 68 Road Runner from the original owner that passed. He knew the car for years, the guys wife drove it mostly and they parked it with about 50K on the clock. It sat for years being covered with pigeon poop. Anyway the wife gives him a call and said come and get it. His son was cleaning the car(lucky him) and said looks like they painted this thing at one time. On the roof sail panel and part of the roof the you could see the blue paint under the original green.Looks like they was starting to paint it blue till someone read the build sheet. Or that was the blue color the last car on the line was painted.

I had started a thread on DC.com about GYC becoming unwatchable this year, and at the start of the first episode Mark admitted they had a quality control issue and had to tear apart and rebuild a car. Think is was a blue RR. He said they fired the guy that made the mistakes and was putting his daughter in charge of QC. This is the same daughter that he was showing how to install side marker lights last year. Someone associated with the show replied stating that after MT bought Velocity last year they told Mark make the show more entertaining and less about the building of cars. apparently the reaction has been overwhelmingly thumbs down and he said if we could suffer thru a few more episodes the show would be focusing more on the car builds and less on Mark's antics. Not holding my breath.

While the entertainment thing I am sure has some truth behind it, I cannot personally get past the "expert" crap which has existed since E1; he is a complete and total D bag. The way he rags on everyone is a sure sign he has security issues, I suspect he was without lunch money frequently growing up. His pal Darren was just as bad and in some ways worse, but took an immense amount of abuse that in other places/situations would surely have ended in some work place violence. It is just a worthless show overall (at least to me). Every car show has some level of "entertainment" whether it is showing the staff racing go carts, a deeper look into one or two of the staff's personal lives, etc. While I could do without these segments I totally get why they are there, to give depth to the show and to pull in the non car person to watch.

Conversely you have Fantom Works; way too much drama in virtually every segment most of which is clearly fabricated for the camera. Every issue no matter how small is catastrophic and is accompanied with stern looks, cussing, and a show of defeat; all of which are intended to get the viewer concerned so that they will watch to see if it is resolved, which of course it is in the next segment (usually very easily). I cannot watch that show due to that aspect and the fact that they are no different than any other corner garage in the country, they do not do anything "special" or unique. The closest they go was the fiberglass top for the 63 corvette roadsters which was pretty neat but I think flopped because no 2 cars are exactly the same and the cost of fitting one is probably prohibitive to most (or they don't seal or something).

I don't watch car shows for the sheer entertainment, I want to see something unique or interesting done that I maybe have not tried or thought of. I understand that these shows are in the end "entertainment" but the "good" shows actually show you something you want to do, wish you could do, wish you could afford, or something that you can do. Shows that do this (IMO) are Bitchin rides, Full Custom Garage, some of the early Gas Monkey shows, wheeler dealers, Jay Leno's garage, garage squad, Roadkill, Hot Rod garage, Gearz, Fourwheelin, vegas rat rods, and I am sure there are a few more I am forgetting and a few I haven't watched.

While GYC has the potential to be a great show (for Mopar guys), I sincerely believe that Mark's personality, ego and downright lack of ability prohibit this from ever happening. Ergo, this show will forever suck regardless of how much car building they actually show.

While the entertainment thing I am sure has some truth behind it, I cannot personally get past the "expert" crap which has existed since E1; he is a complete and total D bag. The way he rags on everyone is a sure sign he has security issues, I suspect he was without lunch money frequently growing up. His pal Darren was just as bad and in some ways worse, but took an immense amount of abuse that in other places/situations would surely have ended in some work place violence. It is just a worthless show overall (at least to me). Every car show has some level of "entertainment" whether it is showing the staff racing go carts, a deeper look into one or two of the staff's personal lives, etc. While I could do without these segments I totally get why they are there, to give depth to the show and to pull in the non car person to watch.

While GYC has the potential to be a great show (for Mopar guys), I sincerely believe that Mark's personality, ego and downright lack of ability prohibit this from ever happening. Ergo, this show will forever suck regardless of how much car building they actually show.
I don't know Mark but from what I've heard a few others say, he's acting for the show and isn't that way in 'real' life but I don't personally know how he really is. Do wish they'd back off of that kind of drama crap or at least reduce it by 90% or get rid of the stoooopid stuff all together.

I don't know Mark but from what I've heard a few others say, he's acting for the show and isn't that way in 'real' life but I don't personally know how he really is. Do wish they'd back off of that kind of drama crap or at least reduce it by 90% or get rid of the stoooopid stuff all together.
Whoring your integrity for a TV Show is the indicator of ones self value.

I have always wondered just how many $$$$ these guys make per TV episode? Guess we will never know.

I have to believe Mark is not that way in person. He is too old to be that screwed up and dufus in real life!! I blame it on idiot Hollywood writers!!!!! lol

I don't watch it often , and don't often watch the other car shows. If they have to use the word " bitchin" every few seconds , that gets tiresome. I have seen a couple of GYC where Mark was not acting goofy, and actually giving out some good information.. I kind of like the multiple answer questions where they later give the answer. Jay Leno's show is probably the best, but he has that " star power" and they don't need antics to draw viewers...........................MO

I hope for HIS sake, Douggie is just one of those guys that is NOT good on camera but it otherwise normal.

Douggie is the distant relative that needed a job. Pretty much the opposite of that handjob, zipper head Dwatne. Douggie is probabably giving it his all but probably couldn’t pass a true screen test

Auto Transport Service
Back