• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have an opportunity to buy a 1974 Roadrunner but engine has issues and there is a hole in frame. $2500 fair price?

Not familiar with "zip-arounds".

Might need to post a pic.

Way more than 2500 in parts there.

assuming the parts are in good condition......

I can see a scenario where the body is too far gone to justify any repairs......

and after buying the car, bringing it home, and wrestling with some disassembly; then listing, selling, shipping, ect...... the value of whatever salvageable parts doesn't justify the money, time, and aggravation......

been down that road enough to beware

Last edited:
Probably good at $2500 but it looks like it’s got some rust issues, maybe severe, I’d inspect closely for shoddy rust repairs.

assuming the parts are in good condition......

I can see a scenario where the body is too far gone to justify any repairs......

and after buying the car, bringing it home, and wrestling with some disassembly; then listing, selling, shipping, ect...... the value of whatever salvageable parts doesn't justify the money, time, and aggravation......

been down that road enough to beware
Well he has eyes on it not me. I still believe there is more than 2500 in parts. Yes, I have no interest in selling, shipping, haggling, etc. with parts. This if I buy it it is most likely at least going to be a driver, show cars do not reside at my address.

Well he has eyes on it not me. I still believe there is more than 2500 in parts. Yes, I have no interest in selling, shipping, haggling, etc. with parts. This if I buy it it is most likely at least going to be a driver, show cars do not reside at my address.

there would have to be 4-5K in parts there to justify the aggravation of parting it out. I don't see it..... just my opinion from experience, doesn't mean I'm right

I've always said..... you're under water the day to drag em home.......I hope the OP doesn't take a bath on the deal

Last edited:
there would have to be 4-5K in parts there to justify the aggravation of parting it out. I don't see it..... just my opinion from experience
I'm just using that as justification to buy it, I would have no intention of parting it, as you mentioned too much effort.

Not familiar with "zip-arounds".

Might need to post a pic.
Ahh the memories...

28015ba52ce560208647f748f0210275-4006890153.jpg
44-3235176267.jpg

9aeeth.jpg

Zip arounds........ I must be living under a rock.
I’d never heard that term before.......Nor seen those pants before.

Horizons broadened by FBBO.

Zip arounds........ I must be living under a rock.
I’d never heard that term before.......Nor seen those pants before.

Horizons broadened by FBBO.
Easy access!:p
They were popular among the metal/rocker/stoner-type girls out here especially early-mid 80s.

OK, I think I have seen maybe half a dozen pair of those.

Not sure I'd call them "popular".

...but thanks.

Jeez I did not expect all these responses. Thanks so much for the info and input all! I bought it. I got guys near me selling rolling rusted out chassis of satellites for $8k and they are selling. I confirmed the VIN starts with RM21. I find it interesting whoever painted it put the roadrunners backward. I don’t think this color was available in 74” either. I think it fits the condition of the car. It arrives on a flat bed Wednesday. I’ll update you all once I have the engine apart and know more about the frame.
The paint codes and other options are found on the fender tag (driver's side), as well additional information on the broadcast sheet.

Auto Transport Service
Back