• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you outrun the cops?

SteveSS

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Let's say the statute of limitations has run out on anything you did. I was watching Road Kill's Junkyard Gold and they came across an old bootleg whiskey car. It had a switch to turn off the taillights, brake lights and leave the headlights on.

I've often watched videos of superbikes outrunning the police. The cop cars don't even have a chance. If I was going to rob a bank I'd use a motorcycle.

I was talking to a cop near Russell, Kansas. I-70 is a straight shot either direction. The cop had a Ford Explorer. He said most speeders just leave him in the dust.

I really don't have the balls to run from a cop.

I didn't but was in a 72 charger that did back in 1980. Well, we got caught later in the evening. We ran out of gas after we lost the cops and they caught us at the gas station ha ha. Oh my friend got his *** kicked by his dad and had a couple hundred in tickets.

Did it once. When got home the cops called and and wanted a little talk. They knew my car. No ticket but they watched me and waited.

Here running from the cops is called "Fleeing and Eluding" which is a felony. In my opinion a traffic ticket isn't worth risking a felony.

on a dirt bike back when I was like 13

barely got away

riding in a place I shouldn't have been
got into the garage & shut the door just before the guy drove by

that was the 1st & only dumb time I tried too

Nope. Never a reason to do so. Done alot of brake stands at traffic lights. Recieved my tickets as a thank you by the city. And contributed to there annual salaries. And thats it.

When I was a teenager I use to run from them all the time but I live in a small town so they knew who I was

Certainly the odds are not favorable and I tried it once when I was out with some buddies and pretty liquored up celebrating the holidays bar hopping. At first I wasn't driving; we were in my friend's '69 GTX when he dropped his drive shaft trying to impress a car load of gals in an old pos chevy at a light. Another bar convenient across the street and pushed his car there. Called tow truck and I rode with the driver to take the GTX back to his house as my '70 Cuda was parked there. Drove back to bar, picked up my friend's and proceeded to do more hopping. Back in our town now as we had been in the city earlier, I let the clutch out too quick (was on sand at the intersection as this was the X-mas holly days) and fish tailed into the curb across the street. Well go figure, a cop was coming from the other direction I was heading. One of my bud's says take off and ditch into the residential area up the street. Did that and parked w/ lights off. Next thing is the cop's revolver pointing thru my window screaming at me to get out. Convenient thing he was driving a paddy wagon so we all got a ride in that; but I rode in the cage handcuffed. Spent next several hours at da PD, printed, mugged, six point ticket and 6 weeks of driving school...my girlfriend broke up with me and we eventually mended some weeks later. Oh and I did some appreciable damage to my Cuda to boot. Back when drunk driving wasn't a thing or likely would have blown da meter up. Not a holly ending to the evening (or early morning)!

opened up my 68 charger when i was a kid on a looooong straight away busy street, one side of the street forest, other side minimal side streets, no traffic lights for at least a mile, late, minimal traffic.
saw the lites way behind me. i had to be doing 120 in a 35. i did pull over, got rewarded with a speeding tix for only 10 over. did get compliments from the cop on the car
this car. back in 78 or so

Charger 2.jpg

Last edited:
I was with a buddy name Rocco, in his 69 RR
that got busted for trying to run from a street-race
a quick 69 Camaro (much faster than Rocco's RR)
on Ball Cannery rd. in Fairfield Ca., (long story told here before)
his exhaust, cheap *** headers came apart, too hot to fix
& the dumbass tried to drive thru center of Fairfield...

really dumb ****

******, he still owes me for bailing his *** out too
& another time at the Alaskan border, I footed the bail too
(another time/different type story)

Oh yeah many a time when I was younger but as everyone else mentioned small town back then . Never got in trouble it was funny when they sent the new guy after me as a hazing almost ! Poor kids , couldn't do that stuff today to many people now .

I did once in my rag top challenger.....cant believe that I got away and did not end up in the woods as the road had almost no strait sections! I also cant believe that they were not waiting at the other end but it was a different town. burned up the drum brakes that night and had almost no peddle left when I got home . after that I put the car away and didn't take it out for about 6 or 8 months , I also have not gone back thru the town it started in I think to this day!

Yes I think ,when I was 18 left the McDonald's lit my car up slid all across the street cop lights came on from the other direction turned right on the first street spun around turned all the lights off and hid .
Not sure the cop was chasing me or not but I was scared . Lol

out ran one with a sb 440 4x4, my buddy was freaking out, pulled out onto busch blvd, drove around next to tractor trailer, he never saw me. we did a lot when i was young would loose them easy when it was raining, they did not like going over 100 in the rain, i loved it.

Twice. The first time in my 63 413 Savoy. I didn't know there was a pursuit until someone in town told me! The second time I was being followed by a cop with his lights off. When he turned them on I had just nailed it across a totally dark/deserted intersection near my house. I hauled *** around two corners and when I went down the dip before my driveway I killed my lights, turned into my drive and shot around behind my garage, shutting off the truck in gear so no brake lamps would show. I jumped out and ran to the kids' play house just in time to see a county cop car scream past my house. He came back by a bit later slowly but kept on going. Boy was my heart beating fast! Always fun to pull off **** like that.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back