• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headers or manifolds

Depends...if you are being all purist then manifolds. Other than that I can't think of any good reason to use them. Do yourself a favor and strongly consider TTi headers though. They will fit better than pretty much anything else.

Probably not if its a stock motor and money is an issue. Especially the TTi's...they ain't cheap.

Not stock having it rebuilt not a striker but will still have over 500 hp

Then get headers. 2.0 inch TTi's would be where I would go but there are cheaper ones out there. But remember...like anything else you get what you pay for.

Just trying to justify after rebuild price TTi's look like the right ones

Headers for sure!!!Hooker super comp ceramic coated...
petty Blue 67 gTx

Looked at them and TTi all my friends have different reviews

Personally, I like the clean look of manifolds.

But, for performance, headers are the way to go.

I just hate how it seems they are always in the way....LOL.

Headers will definitely free up some HP at high RPM. I'm running Hooker Super Comps on my 66 Bel.

The Headers will make a good 10%+ more (if not more) HP/TQ even on a stock engine, than a "ported set" of HP manifolds, you don't get the reversion effect with headers that you will get from the HP manifolds, a free flowing exhaust after the headers is equally important... Remember an engine is a big air pump what you bring in needs to come out & with 500hp you will need to have headers or it wont flow for sh-t...

Headers for the most HP. I love my 2" TTI's. Sound great and never leak. Ron

100_1469.jpg

let me get this right--you got 500 hp-spent money on quality rebuild-now you wan't to choke it with mani. good luck you will need it--go with the--hooker super comp. headers--they will make a believer out of you as soon as you crank that 500 hp motor

I have the super comps on my 500 inch stroker and they work well.

I've had manifolds on my stock 383s and 440s. No need for expensive headers on those engines. I still haven't found paint for them that doesn't look nasty after a year or two.

Headers on any of the built engines I've had. Putting on TTi ceramic coated headers with thermal barrier on the 522 stroker just built. The rest is an X pipe and 3" pipes and will be modified with cutouts. It needs to breathe-

537 hp @ 5300 rpm
640 fpt @ 3600 rpm
Avg. 506 hp from 3000 - 5800 rpm

Just trying to justify after rebuild price TTi's look like the right ones

Let me just say from experience now, I went the "cheaper" route and my pipes hit and the motor almost didn't fit in the mounts because of it. If your going to have a high hp motor than go with the tti's they will fit and look good don't make the same mistake I did! I will be changing mine out one day....

No choice......

Headers or manifolds 68 440 charger

Aside from looking cool the only advantage the manifolds have is that they will be much more quiet.

But that probably isn't an issue with a 500 HP build. Headers are your best route. I like the coated hookers.... They always seem to work well on Mopars. I'm sure TTI is a good product but Hooker has been around since the 60's. Must be something to that....!!

Auto Transport Service
Back