• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater controls light bar - 1970 A01

SlinktRR

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
I just noticed my heater control light bar is always lit with key off, battery connected, headlights off causing battery drain. What could cause this? Can someone post a screenshot of what this circuit is on the electrical schematic for 1970 B? Thanks!

The wire from your heater light bar should be orange. It plugs into an orange female wire in your harness. The orange wires are dash light wires. Should only have power when your headlight switch is in PARK or Headlamps ON positions.

Yes.....look below the radio for an orange wire with a 3 pin female connector. Heater lamp plugs in there. Someone must have plugged your heater lamp into the wrong connector. Or another possibility is that the orange wire circuit is connected the wrong terminal on the fuse block. Check this if you find it is connected properly to the orange plug. I can get photos if you need them.

Check if the cigarette lighter works......if not, that'll be where the dash light is connected.
I disagree...the cigar lighter is a red wire...not associated with ash tray lamp, heater lamp, instrument lamps & radio lamp which are orange wires all on same circuit.

I disagree...the cigar lighter is a red wire...not associated with ash tray lamp, heater lamp, instrument lamps & radio lamp which are orange wires all on same circuit.
But what Kiwigtx is saying is the heater lights are plugged into the wrong plug, a plug that is hot 100% of the time....

But what Kiwigtx is saying is the heater lights are plugged into the wrong plug, a plug that is hot 100% of the time....
Ahh...yes, so orange wire plugged into red cigar lighter female terminal would definitely result in hot 100% of time. This would also mean cigar lighter is not hooked up at all ...or hooked up incorrectly to another wire.

That's what I mean.....and the plugs - male & female line up perfectly.....with a permanent live 12V to the lighter socket.

Auto Transport Service
Back