• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 66 Coronet. In need of diagram of how power strg pump and alternator is supposed to mount.

Michigunmike

Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
The power steering pump and alternator are jury rigged bracketry and I just know is all wrong. Does anyone have pics of how their is moounted?
This engine is not original, it is supposed to be a 1978 383 c.i. but I don't think they buit 383 in 1978.
How can I verify what engine this really is?

Check out this post for engine ID pad locations on big blocks.

383 engine stamp

As for brackets I've had good luck with ebay, but you can also usually just search Google and find someone selling the parts you need.

Happy to help where I can. The casting numbers on the side of the block would be another way to identify what you've got. There should also be a serial number along the rear oil pan rail near the starter.

Here's an example from my 440

20220827_151250.jpg

The power steering pump and alternator are jury rigged bracketry and I just know is all wrong. Does anyone have pics of how their is moounted?
This engine is not original, it is supposed to be a 1978 383 c.i. but I don't think they buit 383 in 1978.
How can I verify what engine this really is?
Check this site, you can find (downloadable) service and parts manuals for mopars. It's where I got mine for my 66 coronet.

Here is how my 66 looks these are the original brackets. A 400 would be the same.
xR_56yUKVGpUI8lPY3O8nUK=w1266-h950-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back