• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP- 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT QuadCab 2WD 6.7L DIESEL?

64SF

Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new truck to pull my 18 foot Big Tex trailer (1,800 lbs) loaded with my 64 Sport Fury. I've found a clean one with just over 100,000 miles. I really don't know much about diesel's but in talking with those who own them (the Dodge with the Cummings) only have good things to say. BUT....this truck has had the EGR system removed....should I have any concerns about this? In researching I haven't read anything negative about removal but I know several members have similar trucks and could give me advice/comments and opinions.

I'm shopping for a new truck to pull my 18 foot Big Tex trailer (1,800 lbs) loaded with my 64 Sport Fury. I've found a clean one with just over 100,000 miles. I really don't know much about diesel's but in talking with those who own them (the Dodge with the Cummings) only have good things to say. BUT....this truck has had the EGR system removed....should I have any concerns about this? In researching I haven't read anything negative about removal but I know several members have similar trucks and could give me advice/comments and opinions.
There are forums for Dodge Cummins....check with one, they will be able to give you an answer.

Deleting as its called is a good thing for the engine/turbo and will help it last longer imo. As long as you don't live in a state that requires inspection you won't have any problems. The thing with turbos are the exhaust gas recirculating. Towing heavy up a hill or high rpm it gets hot 1400+ stuff starts to melt. The egr delete helps keep exhaust and intake temps down. The 6.7's are nice I personally like the 5.9. If you're on Facebook there's a great helpful page Cummins for all generations or something like that.

image.jpeg

Deleting as its called is a good thing for the engine/turbo and will help it last longer imo. As long as you don't live in a state that requires inspection you won't have any problems. The thing with turbos are the exhaust gas recirculating. Towing heavy up a hill or high rpm it gets hot 1400+ stuff starts to melt. The egr delete helps keep exhaust and intake temps down. The 6.7's are nice I personally like the 5.9. If you're on Facebook there's a great helpful page Cummins for all generations or something like that.

View attachment 350429

Thank you for the response....very helpful!

No problem I got mine last spring. They're sweet trucks. It's funny I get better mileage towing than my old gasser got on a good day. Those 6.7's do even better when tuned some of those guys are getting mid 20mpg.

Egr is the first thing I used to remove on them when I worked on light trucks! The best thing you could do . And at 100000 on a cummings it's just getting broke in ! If someone put that truck infront of me I'd buy it asap. Granted it's priced accordingly . I'd ask for the egr parts just in case you sell it or get to a state that check s those parts arnt cheap to replace.
I used to get those trucks in with 400-500 and they were getting new engine s then and these were work work trucks very hard life I've seen trucks that just pull car trailers with 1000000+ miles on the org motor as long as you service it it won't quit

And it being rwd and not 4wd is icing on the cake! The dodge 4wd still isn't up to par yet it's getting better but I haven't heard how the new systems work anyone have any input on the 4wd I know it's not on topic but since we're saying good and bad ,if anyone in the future wants to ask about 4X4 we will atleast have it covered.
I have a 2003 ram 2500 hemi 2wd and I love it but anything off road I don't trust it it sinks. Unless it's got some junk in the trunk (bed you know what I'm talking about) it's to sprung with the heavy duty suspension

Auto Transport Service
Back