• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help a Mopar win the Cruise Nationals....need your vote!

Dodge Don

Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Mopar lovers. I would greatly appreciate your help in having a Mopar win the 2012 Cruise Nationals Grand Championship.

For those unfamiliar with the Cruise Nationals, it is run by the Canadian International Auto Show and they send judges out to ten Ontario cruise night/car shows throughout the summer and select the top 60 cars to attend the semi-finals at the Autofest Car Show in Oshawa. My car, a recently restored 1970 Dodge Charger R/T SE, was selected as one of the 60 and during the Cruise Nationals event in Oshawa was selected as one of the final 10 cars which will be displayed at the Canadian International Auto Show in February, viewed by over 300,000 visitors and compete for the Cruise Nationals Grand Championship.

I was the only Mopar selected so I am “representing” for the Mopar faithful. The other 9 cars selected were a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS Z28, 1955 Chevrolet, 1934 Ford, 1956 Lincoln Continental Mark II convertible, 1958 Ford Fairlane retractable hardtop, 1964 Ford convertible, 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, 1958 GMC pickup truck and a 1931 Ford coupe.

From these 10 classics, the crowning of the 3 winners will occur, the Cruise Nationals Grand Champion Gold Medalist, Cruise Nationals Silver Medalist and Cruise Nationals Bronze Medalist. The judging will be comprised of two distinct weighted entities, ‘in person’ judging by celebrity automotive enthusiasts and public on-line ballots/votes. This is where I need your assistance.

From December 12, 2011 to February 4, 2012 log on to www.autoshow.ca/cruise to vote for your favourite Cruise Nationals Grand Finalist. I am hoping you will support the lone Mopar.

And in case anyone is interested with time to kill here is the link to my YouTube Channel which features numerous videos of the car and various car shows including the Cruise Nationals Semi-Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/70CHARGERREGISTRY?feature=mhsn

Thanks for your support! Mopar or No Car!

Good luck... I voted for you, had to give my name & E-mail address though...

Voted for my Mopar brother. Nice looking ride and good luck. GO MOPAR

Thanks guys. Voting is open until Feb 4th so we have a ways to go. Every vote counts.

I went to vote for you, but that Camaro was awsome.

Just kidding. I squared you away Brother.

Voted for the Ford Fairlane.... Good luck.... JK!!! LOL!!! You got my vote!

Can't wait to get my new leather travel bag!! WooT!!!!!

Voted for the Ford Fairlane.... Good luck.... JK!!! LOL!!! You got my vote!

Can't wait to get my new leather travel bag!! WooT!!!!!

You're killing me LOL

Only a couple of weeks left. Appreciate the votes guys.

I love my '74, but your Charger is absolutely insane. Even if I hadn't read this thread I would've voted for your ride. One more vote for Plum Crazy!

Stuff 'em if you Got 'em!!! (votes that is!)

Ahhh...it's good to know that the Chicago Way is still alive and well...

Wednesday night the 10 Finalists had a meeting with the Canadian International Auto Show staff to walk through the logistics and all the events. They brought in supper for us and we spent about 3 hours going through every detail, meeting all the staff, getting photo ID badges etc. Red carpet treatment. It was nice to see the other finalists again since the August 28th semi-finals.

This thing is freaking huge. I know exactly where my car will be placed…I got a primo spot. Keep in mind we are 10 classic cars in a special display at the Canadian International Auto show at a massive downtown Toronto convention center. There are 6 convention floors involved and we were all stunned to see that our cars will be sharing an entire floor with all the exotic and supercar manufacturers….so it will be us, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Fisker and Callaway along with an exhibit by Legendary Motors (the guys who do the TV show Dream Car Garage).They expect over 300,000 visitors.

Friday Feb 4th public on-line voting ends

Feb 15th we drop off our cars….they hand us a check for $700, stage them, custom showboards being made for us…..then that night a panel of automotive journalists will inspect our cars and vote….which will be combined with online voting to select a Grand Champion, Silver Medal and Bronze Medal.

Feb 16th at 1pm we gather at Autoshow for the announcement of the winners……….that evening we are all invited to a private VIP Black Tie Gala at the auto show….free food, drinks, entertainment and we have complete access to the entire show….no public….want to sit in a Maserati…go ahead.

Feb 17th show opens to the public and runs until Feb 26th…..our special picture ID badges give us unlimited VIP free access to enter any day / any time . There is a special VIP lounge next to our display reserved just for us to relax, eat, drink….anytime!!

Our pictures are in the brochures…..there will be AutoShow TV broadcast across Canada through local TV stations reaching about 4 million viewers. Possible press interviews…etc etc.

I am beyond excited now.

Auto Transport Service
Back