• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

here is a picture of the lowest mileage A12 roadrunner in existence.

Thanks again for

Thank for posting these, very helpful images and telling the great storie, I lost my brother to agent orange in 1982 (Cancer) the stuff ruined many lives. best wishes, CD

Thanks for sharing the pics of this wonderful time capsule!

Although I know they started life as 383 cars, I do not ever recall seeing the "F70" designation on the trunk of any A12 survivors I've seen. I think that is very cool! You're a lucky guy!

Thanks for sharing the pics of this wonderful time capsule!

Although I know they started life as 383 cars, I do not ever recall seeing the "F70" designation on the trunk of any A12 survivors I've seen. I think that is very cool! You're a lucky guy!

They only started as 383 cars on paper as they have the same model prefix in the V.I.N. and are not really a seperate model. They are a "package car." They were not built as a 383 car and then converted. There has always been a lot of confusion with these cars as the broadcast sheet and fender tag have a lot of 383 codes on them but the a12 package code and the M disignation in the V.I.N. override all of that.

Cool!

...Yeah...should be =

Attachments

• G70.jpg
    G70.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 706
nice almost purchased a new one (S' BEE)in late "69..
but my dad said it is a piece of sh*t , cause it did not
have hub caps..so we walked......

this is an nice piece of history,

Sonny Black

They only started as 383 cars on paper as they have the same model prefix in the V.I.N. and are not really a seperate model. They are a "package car." They were not built as a 383 car and then converted. There has always been a lot of confusion with these cars as the broadcast sheet and fender tag have a lot of 383 codes on them but the a12 package code and the M disignation in the V.I.N. override all of that.

It was actually a bit more than paper, as they were in fact originally destined to be E63 WM's & RM's...as evidenced by the 5/16" fuel line. However, I believe you are correct when you suggest that they were not "converted" 383-powered axle package cars. That is, parts were not removed to create an A12 car, rather, they simply were not installed to begin with. Things like hoods, hood hinges, rear ends, etc, etc.

What I thought interesting was the fact that the tire designation under the trunk of this particular car was "F70". Was this applied before the "package"? Or, was this just a mistake by an assembly worker that was used to building E63 RM's & WM's all day? I simply think that this makes an already special car even more special!

:VB toast:

Last edited:
It was actually a bit more than paper, as they were in fact originally destined to be E63 WM's & RM's...as evidenced by the 5/16" fuel line. However, I believe you are correct when you suggest that they were not "converted" 383-powered axle package cars. That is, parts were not removed to create an A12 car, rather, they simply were not installed to begin with. Things like hoods, hood hinges, rear ends, etc, etc.

What I thought interesting was the fact that the tire designation under the trunk of this particular car was "F70". Was this applied before the "package"? Or, was this just a mistake by an assembly worker that was used to building E63 RM's & WM's all day? I simply think that this makes an already special car even more special!

:VB toast:

Yes and no on a bit more than paper. The cars V.I.N. prefix determined what the car started life as with regards as to how it got started in the assembly process. the options for a particular car determined the rest of the build. Options sometimes included different things on the car when equipped with these options. An example would be the Hemi option that would include different things like suspension and trans changes from the same V.I.N. prefix car without the Hemi option. The 69 M code cars (A12 option package) spells out exactly what the package replaced on the standard RR or SB model it was ordered on and nothing more. That is why these cars are a mix of the 383 and what you might THINK should have been standard on say a GTX or R/T with a 440 engine.

Yes, most likely a line worker mistake on the tire code on the trunk lid.

No doubt an unusual color combo, I have seen quite a few A12 over the last 30 years, but never one like this. Tons of pictures of this car should be taken for the hobby. Very nice car!

No doubt an unusual color combo, I have seen quite a few A12 over the last 30 years, but never one like this. Tons of pictures of this car should be taken for the hobby. Very nice car!

before winter comes ill take a whole bunch and post them up for reference.

Attachments

• DSC02246.JPG
    DSC02246.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 65%20HEMI%20BELVEDERE_63%20MAX%20WEDGE%20SAVOY_A12%20ROADRUNNER%20004.JPG
    65%20HEMI%20BELVEDERE_63%20MAX%20WEDGE%20SAVOY_A12%20ROADRUNNER%20004.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC02253.JPG
    DSC02253.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 644
  • A12 ROADRUNNER 003.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 003.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 647
Chris I Love your RR man, I'm extremely freaken jealous... Nice to see it's mostly untouched, what a time capsule, there's no way that I couldn't drive it, you have much more will power than me...

That green with that bronze top look amazing together!

When i 1st saw the car back in 69 when i was 10, i loved the color combo, maybe i was more amazed at the roadrunner promo discs.lol
When i went to go buy the car back in 97, i thought the color combo was awesome.i loved the car from the moment i layed my eyes on it.Its a keeper for sure,

Attachments

• A12 ROADRUNNER 011.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 011.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 598
  • A12 ROADRUNNER 005.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 005.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 582
  • A12 ROADRUNNER 001.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 001.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 584
Just wanted to say nice RR SSR- Love the color combo- Take care of her

Chris you just gotta love your cool 6pk Runner. Its just so rare and I really like it ! Here is one I like alot also and looks to be the same color as yours. Ron

398313584.gif

Wow. that just something else. I'm won't be surprised if Chrysler has call you up and made you offer you couldn't refuse.
How a car like that made thru the gas crisis in the late 70's no less. I heard stories of Muscle cars being scrapped or almost given away because they could sell them because of the gas prices.

Wow. that just something else. I'm won't be surprised if Chrysler has call you up and made you offer you couldn't refuse.
How a car like that made thru the gas crisis in the late 70's no less. I heard stories of Muscle cars being scrapped or almost given away because they could sell them because of the gas prices.

funny you said that. the guy that bought the car new owned it for 3 weeks and then got drafted into Vietnam. back in late 69 he brought the car to his mothers house. put it up on blocks, drained all the fluids, shrink wrapped it and it stayed that way till 1995.
When the owner returned from his tour back in 1973, he had no interest in the car and it sat for all those years untouched. i think i heard Agent Orange had a huge impact on him.when it was finally uncovered, it had 1157 miles on the odometer.
right now it has 1987 miles or around there.

Attachments

• A12 ROADRUNNER 007.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 007.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 530
  • A12 ROADRUNNER 008.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 008.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 549
  • A12 ROADRUNNER 010.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 010.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 556
  • A12 ROADRUNNER 009.jpg
    A12 ROADRUNNER 009.jpg