• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you eat your chili?

Next question-

Is chili soup?

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Next question-

Is chili soup?

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

1696954403352.png

Meanwhile, moving slightly forward, this is likely the recipe that was still in use during WWI.

CHILI CON CARNE (for 60 men)
War Department Document, dated 1910

15 lbs. meat scraps, trimmed of all fat
rendered fat or oil
beef stock
3 1/2 ozs. chile pods, ground
chili powder to taste (see Cook's Note
salt to taste
3 1/2 qts. small red beans, cooked

Chop meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Fry in the same manner as beef-steak but use a smaller amount of fat. Cover fried meat with about one inch of beef stock. Add ground chiles and chili powder, and salt to taste.

Run two-thirds of boiled beans through a meat chopper and stir into meat mixture. Add remaining third of beans whole.

While cooking it may be necessary to add more beef stock to replace that lost by evaporation. Simmer for one hour or more until meat is tender and mixture is proper consistency. When ready to serve, there should be just sufficient liquid to cover the preparation.

(Cook's Note: "The definition of chili powder as given in the Manual for Army Cooks, dated 1910, reads, 'Red Sweet Pepper. Various preparations on the market sold as chili (powder contain, in addition to the red pepper, garlic and such herbs as cumin, oregano...'"

Get it from the McCormick Spices Website, Link Below
(2X) 10 OZ Bottles, $12.50.

OLD BAY® Hot Sauce
cool thanks for the link , what is your opinion on the old bay hot sauce ? just checked out old bay on website, definitely has more/different ingredients then franks hot sauce, i’ll grab a couple bottles to try it out ….it sounds good !

Last edited:
You and I could never go to a pizza joint together.

Aside from pepperoni, my ideal pie has all three of your most hated- 'chovies, 'shrooms, and black olives!

...and I don't mind a ham and pineapple "Hawaiian style" pie, either.

While we're at it- I sure miss Domino's "Bake Up" breakfast pizza. bacon and eggs on a pie? You bet. Delicious and delivered to your door at 6:30 am!
Dude - just shew.
The triumvirate of pizza terror for me right there for sure!
That breakfast whatever sounds good though, if not for the fact it has "Domino's" attached to it. :)

I also likes me a good BBQ pizza.

...and I've been known to put hot wing sauce on a pizza as well (the real greasy kind).

That sounds good. Serves 10. Add a 30 oz. can of chili beans per pound of beef and all of a sudden you are serving 30 with the same amount of beef, and it ads a lot of protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
Screw all that jazz. It tastes GOODER!

:rofl: :rofl: Not a scoop shovel or table spoon. A soup spoon. It's round like this. I use them for cereal too.

View attachment 1537765
Same way I ate cereal as a kid - "Jethro style". Soup spoon, cake bowl, the entire box of cereal and a gallon
of milk. :)
I was skinny as a rail then, too....sigh.

Can't do a ladle like that, even though I've been told hundreds of times that I have a big mouth.
You would be surprised. It sounds crazy but it feels better in your mouth than a regular spoon. A regular spoon needs to be used from the end and not sideways unless you sip like you would do with tea.

There's pub we occasionally visit that has real good chili (and a hard to find Monte Cristo).

...but they serve the chili with one of those round "soup" spoons.

I forget to ask for a "regular" spoon almost every time, and have to go to either the bar or the wait station to pick one up.
Since I get so many opportunities, I get to change up my explanations. Some have apparently been entertaining.

So.....

Is chili stew?

cool thanks for the link , what is your opinion on the old bay hot sauce ? just checked out old bay on website, definitely has more/different ingredients then franks hot sauce, i’ll grab a couple bottles to try it out ….it sounds good !
I love the stuff, It's got a lot more flavor than some others I've tried.

The Pico Pica is also my #2 choice, a little more heat than Old Bay.
Pico Pica is a local CA made sauce here, not sure if it's around the country.
I'll send you a bottle if you want to try it out, you won't be disappointed !!

Old Bay also has some heat, but not a whole lot to overpower anything and make your lips messed up.
And who doesn't love that Old Bay Spice Flavor, just good on all kinds of food.
Hot Sauce is supposed to be flavorful too, not just burn up your lips.

I love the stuff, It's got a lot more flavor than some others I've tried.

The Pico Pica is also my #2 choice, a little more heat than Old Bay.
Pico Pica is a local CA made sauce here, not sure if it's around the country.
I'll send you a bottle if you want to try it out, you won't be disappointed !!

Old Bay also has some heat, but not a whole lot to overpower anything and make your lips messed up.
And who doesn't love that Old Bay Spice Flavor, just good on all kinds of food.
Hot Sauce is supposed to be flavorful too, not just burn up your lips.
thank you for the offer but i found on amazon w free delivery so i’ll tack on to tonight’s order ( which also has 2 bottles of old bay on it !)! i’ll keep ya posted on my results. we go through alot of hot sauce round here…

thank you for the offer but i found on amazon w free delivery so i’ll tack on to tonight’s order ( which also has 2 bottles of old bay on it !)! i’ll keep ya posted on my results. we go through alot of hot sauce round here…
Ok great to hear that, enjoy both !!

Auto Transport Service
Back