• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How have you repaired or replaced the flex duct?

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
69 B Body with AC (Super Bee). Anyone make replacement parts or use something flexible for this? I can repair but prefer to replace the fabric etc if possible. I also need or will have to fabricate the j bolts that hold it to the cowling.

IMG_2198.jpeg

I went down to the local parts store and got some black vinyl wrap. Used the black vinyl and a heat gun to fix it up. Worked pretty good for my 65 dart.

I went down to the local parts store and got some black vinyl wrap. Used the black vinyl and a heat gun to fix it up. Worked pretty good for my 65 dart.
Yes I will likely try something similar.

I haven’t seen these reproduced, find a good used one. To repair yours, I might look at some of the Flex Seal products. I know, the commercials are goofy, but they have various types of sealing tape. There is a big display at the local Menards.

That’s a hard one to find. They make a repop kit for the ducts leaving the HVAC box but I have yet to see the duct coming from the cowl vent to the hvac box for a ac car.

69 B Body with AC (Super Bee). Anyone make replacement parts or use something flexible for this? I can repair but prefer to replace the fabric etc if possible. I also need or will have to fabricate the j bolts that hold it to the cowling.

View attachment 1587131
Do you happen to have any phtos of how this is connected at the cowl? mine is in pieces and i have no idea what i need to re-connect it. thanks muah

I haven’t completed mine yet. My duct was full of tiny holes so I found some flex duct online to replace it. Gonna have to do some manipulation on the square end.
This connects to the cowling with “j” bolts. No one makes them, but I purchased a set of battery hold down j bolts that I will have to shorten and possibly re-thread. I’ll try to get a pic when I go back to my shop.

Here is what someone on FB posted as to the correct size.
1709659205226.png

Do you happen to have any phtos of how this is connected at the cowl? mine is in pieces and i have no idea what i need to re-connect it. thanks muah
Will have to be shortened considerably but the hook hopes inside and over the cowling. These are battery hold downs purchased on Amazon.

IMG_2418.jpeg

These came off a 67 b body. Look similar to the diagram above.

Don't have a pic but i think the j's hook over the inside edge of the cowl opening?? and the threaded ends go through the holes in the oval part of the flex duct.

jhooks.jpg

Last edited:
These came off a 67 b body. Look similar to the diagram above.

Don't have a pic but i think the j's hook over the inside edge of the cowl opening?? and the threaded ends go through the holes in the oval part of the flex duct.

View attachment 1622055
That's it. Good pic showing original Unfortunately I am not aware of anyone making these so if missing have to fabricate on your own

Auto Transport Service
Back