• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoe Goo users.....how long did you let the shoes sit to dry?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
I repaired my Sketchers that aren't made anymore and they were very comfy but they are more or less walking shoes but very flexible. Did the repair on Wednesday and just pulled the tape off.....so basically 4 days to cure.

I repaired my Sketchers that aren't made anymore and they were very comfy but they are more or less walking shoes but very flexible. Did the repair on Wednesday and just pulled the tape off.....so basically 4 days to cure.
I do the same with pipe dope, let it sit for a couple days before turning on the water or gas, recently as last week. Damn water connection to the toilet took three tries before acquiring NO leak. Oh, you're talking shoes. Never mind.

I do the same with pipe dope, let it sit for a couple days before turning on the water or gas, recently as last week. Damn water connection to the toilet took three tries before acquiring NO leak. Oh, you're talking shoes. Never mind.
:rofl:

Yep- couple of days.

I think it's time you got to your other broken shoes...
1697461951957.png
1697461982669.png
1697462010903.png

while you keep on truckin'?

I repaired a favorite pair of bowling shoes, and I was bowling once a week, so..... five or six days.
Knew a guy I worked with who wore bowling shoes every day, quite noticeable multi-colored. He was a topic of conversation. I bought a new pair, paid good money for them, wearing them half-dozen times before a back injury stopped my bowling days. Thought of wearing them but hate to mess up those pristine soles.

Knew a guy I worked with who wore bowling shoes every day, quite noticeable multi-colored. He was a topic of conversation. I bought a new pair, paid good money for them, wearing them half-dozen times before a back injury stopped my bowling days. Thought of wearing them but hate to mess up those pristine soles.
Well, if you ain't using them to go bowling anymore.....I have a pair of good looking dress shoes that I like the looks of but they are the most uncomfy shoes I've ever worn so they stay in the closet gathering dust. Maybe I'll put them in my new 'storage' room :D

Well, if you ain't using them to go bowling anymore
It’s like the accumulation of those special items, the cool shirt, belts, even the western boots, in the closet I haven’t worn in years, I keep around just in case the occasion pops to wear them. Being retired, spend most days in the garage, basement, or yard – same old t-shirts, jeans, sweat-shirts, every week. Some of my t-shirts and jeans are ragged, my wife tells me to throw out. Even have a few dozen ties still hanging in the closet and haven’t had to wear one since 1999.
“Honey, I’m changing the oil today; which tie would look best?”

Well, if you ain't using them to go bowling anymore.....I have a pair of good looking dress shoes that I like the looks of but they are the most uncomfy shoes I've ever worn so they stay in the closet gathering dust. Maybe I'll put them in my new 'storage' room :D
I can relate. I've got a pair of African boa boots that are absolutely gorgeous (and now illegal) that I can wear for one night.... and then spend three days recovering. Tried having them stretched.... nothing. Ive also got a cheap pair of boots, very plain, with leather so soft the shafts fall over. Like wearing slippers. They have been resoled and heeled twice.

It’s like the accumulation of those special items, the cool shirt, belts, even the western boots, in the closet I haven’t worn in years, I keep around just in case the occasion pops to wear them. Being retired, spend most days in the garage, basement, or yard – same old t-shirts, jeans, sweat-shirts, every week. Some of my t-shirts and jeans are ragged, my wife tells me to throw out. Even have a few dozen ties still hanging in the closet and haven’t had to wear one since 1999.
“Honey, I’m changing the oil today; which tie would look best?”
I'm the same way....and the ragged t-shirts are cooler in the shop during the summer. The X always wanted me to dress up when we went somewhere so it was usually decent jeans and shirt and that never was good enough....and I've never owned a tie....at least not a 'real' one lol. Had a couple of those clip jobs when I was a young kid and really didn't like having the top button of my shirt buttoned way back then. Feels like I'm going to choke. Same way on those long shorts that almost covers the knees....just can't stand them rubbing. In the shop, short shorts and won't go out in public in any shorts. Basically, don't like wearing clothing!

Auto Transport Service
Back