• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoe Goo users.....how long did you let the shoes sit to dry?

and I've never owned a tie...
Had to wear those for years. Never could find a collar loose enough so most of the time had tie loose with top button undone. Anyway, sure sounds like you need some ties – I’ll send you some, dozen or so adequate? The dust will shake off. Strips or polka-dot? Just send a photo wearing one when you change the oil or repack the bearings.

And I'll bet you look SEXY AS HELL ! :lol:
Meanwhile somewhere in Pasadena Texas...
Screenshot_20231016_150028_Google.jpg

I always thought that stuff "Shoe Goo" was a marketing gimmick
snake oil so to speak, I didn't know it works
I've had a few pairs of old shoes I'd have tried & used it on
I just threw them away
I seem to have my shoes fall apart, or wear out from the inside
long before I wear them out on the soles or outside
I've go white tennis shoes IIRC 'LA Gear' still look like the modern shoes
heavy as hell thou !!!, from the early 90's...
I still can wear, white leather & comfy as all get out,
I have to get new Dr. Shols liners about every other year...

Wearing 13 wides, it's sometimes hard to find a 'good fitting shoe' that lasts...

I have Cowboy Boots (Tony Llamas IIRC) real brushed leather riding boots,
from when I was in HS still...
I'm not big on pointed-toed shoes/boots, hard to get them wide enough
not a shoe/boot I'd wear daily...
That's probably why they have lasted so damn long...
I don't wear them but once a month maybe...

Meanwhile somewhere in Pasadena Texas...View attachment 1541120
My stepdad Bob would go out like that, not necessarily in bib overall-cutoffs
but in Levi's short/cutoffs' or swimming trunks (that was the worst),
going to the store, to buy his booze or beer, with his shorts & his work boots on
& it was embarrassing to have to go with him, once I found out he had 'no class'...
& He didn't care what others think...

I always thought that stuff "Shoe Goo" was a marketing gimmick
snake oil so to speak, I didn't know it works
I've had a few pairs of old shoes I'd have tried & used it on
I just threw them away
I seem to have my shoes fall apart, or wear out from the inside
long before I wear them out on the soles or outside
I've go white tennis shoes IIRC 'LA Gear' still look like the modern shoes
heavy as hell thou !!!, from the early 90's...
I still can wear, white leather & comfy as all get out,
I have to get new Dr. Shols liners about every other year...

Wearing 13 wides, it's sometimes hard to find a 'good fitting shoe' that lasts...

I have Cowboy Boots (Tony Llamas IIRC) real brushed leather riding boots,
from when I was in HS still...
I'm not big on pointed-toed shoes/boots, hard to get them wide enough
not a shoe/boot I'd wear daily...
That's probably why they have lasted so damn long...
I don't wear them but once a month maybe...
So far so good.....wore the shoes yesterday for 1/2 a day and been wearing them all day today. Have a product from Dyna Systems called Flex Master that worked well on another pair but didn't work with some others. We'll see. The 'eye lash' brush I used to spread it dried hard so, who knows lol

So far so good.....wore the shoes yesterday for 1/2 a day and been wearing them all day today. Have a product from Dyna Systems called Flex Master that worked well on another pair but didn't work with some others. We'll see. The 'eye lash' brush I used to spread it dried hard so, who knows lol
My mother would share stories of her youth during the depression, not unusual from back when, they put carboard in their shoes. Another note: Being the kid brother, would ‘inherit’ some clothes from my brother when he outgrew them. Shirts were ok, but damn, the pants fit like crap. “He has a bigger butt than me mom. Ain’t wearing these to school.”

My mother would share stories of her youth during the depression, not unusual from back when, they put carboard in their shoes. Another note: Being the kid brother, would ‘inherit’ some clothes from my brother when he outgrew them. Shirts were ok, but damn, the pants fit like crap. “He has a bigger butt than me mom. Ain’t wearing these to school.”
My dad came from a family of 8 kids.....one girl right dab in the middle of them and for some reason, lived to be the oldest. The parents had a small farm and lived off of the proceeds it yielded and had all the labor they needed until WW II.

My mother was the only girl in her family, 2 older and 2 younger brothers growing up in Chicago. She was super close to her kid brothers, not quite as close with the older ones. Her elder brothers did quite well becoming millionaires. She loved to tell the tales from her youth. Not on the thread track; but I’ve been always curious on the life & death cycle of people – like a video tape coming to an end. One elder brother drowned at age 59, on a Hawaiian vacation, one from MS, another from skin cancer at 88 living in AZ a couple decades loving swimming and the – sun, her youngest died at 84 from a sudden respiratory ailment that just devastated my mother, wishing she would depart before he did. She made it another 6 months to 89, the last of the siblings.

Odd, as I took her to the ER the evening before and she was so alert and as always, when we would part, the ‘I love you’s” leaving her in her room around 9PM. Got a call from the doc next morning at 7AM saying I should come as she was ‘dying’. Then he said, I’m sorry, she’s passed. Got there about a half-hour later, as the hospital I took her to was closest to her. They knew I was coming so they left her in her bed. Wow, what a shock to view her lifeless, my ever-talkative-feisty mom silent for the first time in my life. Tubes disconnected, but the needles still stuck in her hands. Spent 45 minutes talking to her about all the loving memories, hoped she could ‘hear’. My brother was out of town a 1000 miles away.

We all go through this, but makes me wonder how my kids might respond, praying I go long before them. As I get older, the viewing of others close for so many years, seeing their lives...until they run out of their life's tape, never is easy.

I digress, my apologies, back to the – thread.
Oh man....similar with my dad. Was at work when I got the call to come to the hospital where he was and by the time I got there, he was gone. It's never easy...

Oh man....similar with my dad. Was at work when I got the call to come to the hospital where he was and by the time I got there, he was gone. It's never easy...
Yeah, same with our dad too; he was a private sort, not chatty like his kid. Got that from my mother. He was put in – in patient hospice. We’d all take turns going to sit with him day and night over the course of two weeks. He waited until that one half hour gap when nobody was there to pass on. Just the way I figured he wanted it.

Auto Transport Service
Back