• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

The windshield they installed in mine is already tinted and I like the way it looks, I'm taking my car to get the windows tinted after it's done. I like the look but really want to keep the sun out of it as much as possible to save on the interior and keep it cool. So I guess that's my answer.

I'm assuming you mean the US Mag Ramblers "I've had a million". There is another set I'm looking at with no luck figuring out who makes them or where to get them. Have you ever watched "Wrecks to Riches"??? Google Wreck to Riches Roadrunner (I think it's a 69) the only hint I got was the designer said they were a set of "they're magnum 500's" but have had no luck tracking them down. I really like the way they look on there so if anybody finds them let me know.View attachment 164699

That looks great 747 those would look killer on your car

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 163748

There was another separate thread on this also http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?65667-Automotive-Carpet-Underpad

This is not my car in the pic but this is an automotive underpad (jute pad) I am considering for sound deadening.. I'm going ahead and using it behind the dash while the dash is out and probably going to have some cut out to install next time the interior is out of my car.

My 68 RR had the heavy pad like that and was very quiet inside and I had a comparison because I had the 70 at the same time and drove them both for several years.

The 70 had NO insulation what so ever .. just some cheap carpet pieced together with no backing.

Night and day difference.

I would tint if I could, it does make it cooler inside. Like the jute pad. don't know if I want to go that way or the other floor insulation products. Your thoughts?

I would tint if I could, it does make it cooler inside. Like the jute pad. don't know if I want to go that way or the other floor insulation products. Your thoughts?

The guy who did the Charger in the pics has used Jute pad in several of the cars he's done and claims it's a way better sound barrier than the other products for a much better price.

The "Drum brake debacle" refers to just after I swapped out for front discs my old drums were in the trunk and I COMPLETELY forgot they were there :( Turned a corner a little too "enthusiastically" and dented the rear quarter from the inside out

2 weeks later I'm backing into a parking spot away from other cars and there's a tree behind it with no vantage point... I backed right into a limb that jutted into the spot and dented in the deck lid.... NEEDLESS to say I was PISSED!!

Thanks GOON . . . you're NOT the only one . . . at least you did it and not someone else.

Now you've got the comfort of knowing you christened your car all by yourself ! ! ( smile )

Getting closer to Angrybird coming back together. Waiting on track# when CME ships my crate. New Exhaust arrived along with everything to get my heater box back together (new Core, foam), alternator, clutch disc and some other odds and ends!

Ordered a set of Doug's 2" Ceramic Coat headers yesterday ( was able to get them for $680 cdn which is a steal!) and finally found someone who would ship the Testors paint to me for the Horn re-paint!

I meant to grab some pics earlier today with the jute pad all up behind the dash but completely slipped my mind when I got chatting.

congrats sounds like a good deal on the ceramic coated headers too. That should really help on the durability and heat. Are you going to use the tape too?

Great project you got going, seen your posts here and there but nice to have it all in one spot. That engine is a beast!

congrats sounds like a good deal on the ceramic coated headers too. That should really help on the durability and heat. Are you going to use the tape too?

No Tallhair the only reason I thought about using header wrap was because I was debating re-using the 1 7/8" Flowtech's that I had on my 383 but the more I thought about it I knew that this new Monster needs to breathe especially since it's a single plane manifold it's going to be a heavy breather!

Can't wait to hear the exhaust tone difference through some new 2" headers and 3" exhaust!

Last edited:
One place to use tape on the header is on the right side, near where your fuel line(s) pass by. Also a thermal wrap/sleeve on the line(s) themselves don't hurt either. Had an issue with that on mine once when I first got it running. Horsepower makes heat and you're gonna have plenty of it.

Just throwing it out there.... Bring on the header pic's!

One place to use tape on the header is on the right side, near where your fuel line(s) pass by. Also a thermal wrap/sleeve on the line(s) themselves don't hurt either. Had an issue with that on mine once when I first got it running. Horsepower makes heat and you're gonna have plenty of it.

Just throwing it out there.... Bring on the header pic's!

Thanks for the tip Prop and I'll do just that as soon as they're delivered. On a happy note my parcel with my Testors Paint #1234 just arrived so I can re-paint my horn finally! Took me forever to find that paint here and ended up finding it in a 3oz spray can (I bought 3!) instead of having to brush it on :)

Last edited:
No Bryan the only reason I thought about using header wrap was because I was debating re-using the 1 7/8" Flowtech's that I had on my 383 but the more I thought about it I knew that this new Monster needs to breathe especially since it's a single plane manifold it's going to be a heavy breather!

Can't wait to hear the exhaust tone difference through some new 2" headers and 3" exhaust!

Sorry Goon it wasn't clear, to me anyway :), from you header wrap thread question that it was an either or question. Looked like you were thinking of adding it to coated headers

I am really looking forward to hearing it though and that big incher will definitely benefit from the larger O.D. headers.

Great thread need more pics!

Workin on it!

Sorry Goon it wasn't clear, to me anyway :), from you header wrap thread question that it was an either or question. Looked like you were thinking of adding it to coated headers

I am really looking forward to hearing it though and that big incher will definitely benefit from the larger O.D. headers.

The headers I had were coated so I was going to wrap them if I used them.... but larger primaries is the better way to go. I'm going to give some serious thought to wrapping them where Prop mentioned but that got me thinking..... I primarily work with plumbers that braze with silver solder (sil-phos) and I remember discussion regarding a spray that was available now in an aerosol that they could spray onto flammable material and make it flame retardant.... I'm going to ask some of the guys and would consider giving my plug wires and fuel lines a shot with this stuff

Just got back from the shop and my first look after taking delivery of my new engine from CME

IMAG1186.jpgIMAG1187.jpgIMAG1188.jpgIMAG1197.jpg

Really happy with how CME packaged all the components in their original packaging separately for shipping (Quickfuel Carb, MSD Ignition, Plug wires, etc..)

I was on the fence about the motor being turquoise (after all my car is in fact a 68) or paint it orange.... CME even threw a couple cans of Mopar Orange in the crate because I mentioned I might lean that way but after seeing it I'm loving it as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few pics of the Wizard Cooling radiator responsible for cooling the new engine it's a 22" with upgraded cores and the 4 - 9" SPAL integrated shroud package

Here's my review thread on dealings with Wizard http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...oling-Package-Arrived-Review&highlight=wizard

Rad3.jpgRad4.jpgRad1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Snapped a quick pic inside of the addition of the guage tri-pack (volt, oil, temp) Autometer Ultralite gauges. Managed to drill a couple different holes in the mounting plate to screw it into the stock ashtray screw locations and prevent making any new holes under the dash. You can also see the new fuse box location again and the jute pad installed behind dash to that point.

IMAG1195.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and last but not least my evening project.... The TUFF wheel in the car is green so I'm going to give it a shot tonight with the SEM Color Coat and go black as well as try and clean it up with some Autosol.

Beside it you can see the re-painted horn.

These next few weeks will see some progress everything coming together!

IMAG1200.jpg

Holy, I haven't been on in a while... Stoked to see this when it's finished. Our cars are like ying and yang haha.

Hell yeah, cool to see you got a resto thread going Goon! Now I can be jealous of your upgrades all in one place lol. Everything's looking outstanding and I really like what you did with the led strip in the cluster, looks really sharp! Get on with the black engine bay so that engine can have a new home haha
:eek:ccasion14:

I'm assuming you mean the US Mag Ramblers "I've had a million". There is another set I'm looking at with no luck figuring out who makes them or where to get them. Have you ever watched "Wrecks to Riches"??? Google Wreck to Riches Roadrunner (I think it's a 69) the only hint I got was the designer said they were a set of "they're magnum 500's" but have had no luck tracking them down. I really like the way they look on there so if anybody finds them let me know.View attachment 164699

The wheels are Barry White customs called Magnum 5. http://www.barrywhitesrrc.com/mag5.html

Cool build!! On the wheels....man, I've always liked the original style and I bet they would look good in the sizes you have now. Not saying what you have now don't look good because they do but I just like the old school wheel look better.

Auto Transport Service
Back