• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

I hear you man! Freakin Ice Age out there....but hey, look at the bright side. Your drinks never get warm when outside, sun burn isn't an issue and water out of the tap never needs ice..it's always Ice cold! Ahhh the perks!

I hear you man! Freakin Ice Age out there....but hey, look at the bright side. Your drinks never get warm when outside, sun burn isn't an issue and water out of the tap never needs ice..it's always Ice cold! Ahhh the perks!

Don't have to waste money for gas in the lawn mower or higher electric bills for A/C either. This is the life huh? NOT. I have so had enough of this winter.

I can't be the Grand Optimist like you Prop I'm with H2E on this one I've had enough! I travel a lot for work and sat for hours this week in highway closures.

The hard part for me now is not really getting to see everything come together. As I mentioned I have help on this project and while I'll be going crazy with work finally being busy again (I anticipate you'll be seeing a lot less of me on here) the car will be put back together quick so my buddy can make room in his shop and I'll get it back in my garage.

I have asked him to take plenty of pics all the way through though so I can share with you guys!

For you Prop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrgD4FQC0aU

Keep up the great work Goon - and I hope your drinks don't get warm ! ! ! ( smile )

It's really coming together nicely . . . thanks for the pics ! ! !

Just received notice that these were ordered for my car as a V-Day gift from the girl I'm seeing

**She tried for ANGRYBRD but it was taken**

genImage.png

"Khan-vertible" :) I'll try to keep the pics coming and at these temps I'm more worried about my drinks freezing than being kept cold! Hope the weather is taking a turn for the better in your neck of the woods!

That's badass! I wanted to get SPD FRK but the custom plates were too expensive haha. And no worries on the stripe, like prop said she'll be looking mean!

View attachment 169482
"Khan-vertible" :) I'll try to keep the pics coming and at these temps I'm more worried about my drinks freezing than being kept cold! Hope the weather is taking a turn for the better in your neck of the woods!

Goon - That's a great plate ! ! ! She did GREAT job ! ! !

Frozen drinks . . . as in Slushies ? ? ( smile ) . . .

That's badass! I wanted to get SPD FRK but the custom plates were too expensive haha. And no worries on the stripe, like prop said she'll be looking mean!

You can always get the plate later on as long as no-one else snatches it up but then you can always play with the letters too. I assume you're allowed 8 like we are (SPEEDFRK, SPDFREAK ETC..)

Goon - That's a great plate ! ! ! She did GREAT job ! ! !

Frozen drinks . . . as in Slushies ? ? ( smile ) . . .

Frozen drinks as in Beersicles!

Hey that's a cool tune Goon. Pretty good artist.

Plate is pretty snazy too. Awfully nice of your gal to do that for you.

Some update pics! Nestled all snug and just picked up my Pulley's from the powder coaters! Looks like the integrated shroud on my rad is going to be a tight fit but hopefully will work out ok! Also just trying to get an answer from CME for what they would set total advance at before initial startup! Getting Close!

Pulleys.jpgIMAG1214.jpgIMAG1216.jpg

Pretty cool around here in the resto threads...Lotta cars coming into the home stretch. Congrat's! Just about there Goon!

It always amazes me how much these behemoth's fill up that massive space under the hood!

Thanks again Prop for the feedback on the Doug's Headers! Fit like a glove with no re-work, banging or denting in required! Still need to get the new exhaust installed but might attempt first fire with open headers

It was nice for me to hear Speedy's fire-up video particularly because our exhausts are almost identical (except his is x-pipe mine is h-pipe) Gave me a good idea just how angry this bird will sound! :)

It will sound pissed off with open headers

LMAO Tallhair I'm pretty sure you're right about that!

on another good note I found timing instructions packaged in with the motor so that takes the guesswork out and ready to fire sooner than later! -
"Use a timing curve of 14 @ 700 rpm, 28 @ 3000 rpm & 32 degrees total @ 4000 rpm"

Doing a great job that's for sure! Motor looks awesome...but do I see an A/C Delco oil filter??? :icon_eek:

I like it turquoise.

Another monster about to fire, I'll be waiting on the video:popcorn:. Man does that look nice in there and I know what you mean about the space, I thought the engine bay was pretty big until I dropped the motor in and had to buy different plug wires.

Auto Transport Service
Back