• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

Holy, I haven't been on in a while... Stoked to see this when it's finished. Our cars are like ying and yang haha.

Hey Ryan, You're right our cars are pretty far apart with what we're shooting for but both pretty cool in their own rights. I assumed you've been playing with the bimmer and not around here much

Hell yeah, cool to see you got a resto thread going Goon! Now I can be jealous of your upgrades all in one place lol. Everything's looking outstanding and I really like what you did with the led strip in the cluster, looks really sharp! Get on with the black engine bay so that engine can have a new home haha
:eek:ccasion14:

Cheers Brother! Thanks for the kind words and we can exchange jealousies! lol

Cool build!! On the wheels....man, I've always liked the original style and I bet they would look good in the sizes you have now. Not saying what you have now don't look good because they do but I just like the old school wheel look better.

I'm not changing my wheels Cranky I'm happy with what's on my car now... the wheel tire talk was discussion for 747 since he's still trying to narrow down his final choices

and Voila steering wheel is now black and polished up (what's with me and painting stuff black?)

IMAG1202.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9snY79WeunQ

Haha, look at that it's finally catching on "probably my favorite Rolling Stones songs". Don't feel bad about your black "I painted everything that is out of sight on my car flat black" oops did I admit to that?

Haha, look at that it's finally catching on "probably my favorite Rolling Stones songs". Don't feel bad about your black "I painted everything that is out of sight on my car flat black" oops did I admit to that?

Well the green (at least I think it was green I'm colourblind) TUFF wheel DEFINITELY didn't match anything in the car so I think this was a change for the better!

I agree, im kind of the same way when it comes to Black, It match's anything and with a sinister looking mood about it with so many things! ;) Wheel looks great!

Hey Ryan, You're right our cars are pretty far apart with what we're shooting for but both pretty cool in their own rights. I assumed you've been playing with the bimmer and not around here much

Something screwed up with the shifter linkage on the bimmer I don't want to spend money/fix it in the snow, so it's sitting until spring arrives lol. I'm just trying to save money to get the belvedere finished, don't want to buy parts right now because of the exhange rate. It should be done for April or May, I'm hoping at least.

Sucks to hear about the bimmer linkage. Hopefully the nicer weather is just around the corner so you can tackle that. I hear ya on the exchange rate I ordered my shocks yesterday from P S T and the exchange ate up the 10% FBBO members discount (and then nailed for $90 shipping) But what can ya do it's where we live! From everything I have read/heard it sounds like our dollar is going to stay between .85-.90 for a long time to come so we're on the high end of that now I wouldn't be waiting for it to get better. Dumbest thing I did was not pay attention and let it drop before paying off the balance on my crate motor... that hurt!

Everything is coming along great Goon - steering wheel looks brand new.

$90 Bucks in shipping....ouch! Man, they got you there..but what can you do :edgy:

Sharp lookin wheel!

$90 Bucks in shipping....ouch! Man, they got you there..but what can you do :edgy:

Sharp lookin wheel!

Exactly! I could ship it to a friend or another member with a U.S. mailbox that would bring it over but then I still have to arrange to get it to me, out someone else out. etc..... the price of convenience!

I possibly could have sourced something similar on this side of the border for a reasonable price if I tried but I wanted to give my money to a vendor that sponsors FBBO

And thanks for the wheel props Prop! ;)

Underhood prep was completed today and hopefully a nice coat of filler/primer tomorrow and paint (insert peanut gallery comments here :) And start test fitting the new engine by the weekend.

Thought my headers would show up today but no luck and I'm going to the Powder coater tomorrow to drop my pulleys! Getting close hopefully a fire-up vid next week!

IMAG1207.jpgIMAG1209.jpgIMAG1206.jpg

Engine Bay is cleaned up and ready to go! Rest of today getting everything test fit and happy and tomorrow the new mill will be dropped in :) Hopefully a fire-up vid by the end of next week!

- - - Updated - - -

I should have pulled the grill off to clean it up and re-do where the black is all pitted but I'll come back to that when I get the car home

Its looking pretty nice bud. Keep up the attention to detail and it will be getting some attention at shows for sure.

Its looking pretty nice bud. Keep up the attention to detail and it will be getting some attention at shows for sure.

Thanks KB, truth be told I'm not a big car show guy my car is a driver although I do head to the local cruise nights frequently but rarely pop my hood. I'm just enjoying doing the little stuff to clean it up for my own satisfaction and my comfort level is definitely growing when it comes to taking small things on. Hopefully by the end of the month it's out of my buddies shop and in my own garage where I have a ton of little cleanup tasks to get done before spring :)

I really like the looks of that motor "mopars are just Purdy motors". Looking forward to your video.

Nice try goon but I'm not parting with my sparco wheel for nuthin haha, yours looks great though and much better than before! Everything's looking awesome, bet you're excited to start throwing stuff back on :icon_thumleft:

Well since you asked for the peanut gallery... lol still say it might be cool to continue the orange down the center of the firewall :thinker: but it's lookin pretty tidy in there man!

Even with the hood off & everything removed, the car still looks mean and it's ready to go flying down the highway..

I really like the looks of that motor "mopars are just Purdy motors". Looking forward to your video.

I have to agree they are a "purdy lookin' motor" I keep looking at the pics of mine on my phone! lol

Nice try goon but I'm not parting with my sparco wheel for nuthin haha, yours looks great though and much better than before! Everything's looking awesome, bet you're excited to start throwing stuff back on :icon_thumleft:

Well since you asked for the peanut gallery... lol still say it might be cool to continue the orange down the center of the firewall :thinker: but it's lookin pretty tidy in there man!

Can't blame me for trying on the steering wheel swap!! and afraid you'll have to settle for no Orange stripe... The way you see it now is the way it's staying till it gets a full rotisserie several years from now.

Side note looks like I ended up with the looms like yours but vertical and the same taylor heat shields... I didn't have a say in picking what to use The guy throwing everything together picked those out so I was happy to see what he went with!

Even with the hood off & everything removed, the car still looks mean and it's ready to go flying down the highway..

Flying down the highway is still going to be a while for all the snow and road salt to clear but I definitely can't wait!!

Auto Transport Service
Back