• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

I wanna know more about this torque arm you got?!

What would you like to know? It's the speedtech arm but they don't make a full kit for Mopar so going to fab the trailing arms and mounts. I have a T56 so my new tranny cross member will be modified with the receiver. My trailing arm/ coilover mounts are already made with my new fab 8 3/4

Not many Garth's though. That's for sure. Glad to hear of a few other. I've got the "like Garth Brooks or Garth Algar" thing forever.

Had the front clip 3D scanned this week which will generate a CAD design with all the factory holes and pickup points so a new (More sturdy) front clip can be designed for the coilover swap.

This will also allow us to clean things up and possible generate more space and clearance at the rad saddle area

That's some high tech stuff, really beats a tape measure lol! I'll be interested to see the front end come together.

Back at the chassis shop yesterday working on the changes to make to the front clip before we send the pieces out for laser cut.

New Frame rails are going to be smoothed out and thicker stock, shock towers get replaced with mandrel bent tubing and gusseted. The new rad cradle will be boxed in and structurally more sound. Want to smooth the firewall but can't decide yet whether or not I will try a different wiper motor mounted under the dash to carry that smooth look up. Heating core lines will be moved into the fender area and hopefully wiring as well.

Here's the frustrating part for me I think I'm going to have to sell my baddass Wizard Cooling Rad and look for something that I can do a dual fan setup on maybe with a side mount tank.

The Procharger leaves things to tight at the back and the chunky intercooler Doesn't leave me any room to go forward.

I'm tired of selling perfectly good pieces that I paid a lot of money for and work extremely well but this i got myself into This! Lol

It's a 22" rad with 1.25" upgraded dual cores (holds as much coolant as a 4 core) and an integrated shroud with 4 9" SPAL fans. Really nice piece

20170920_151450.jpg

When this is all said and done Webber Chassis will offer a full weld up front clip just like what we are building for mine for added rigidity especially for aftermarket K frame installations like I am doing with the Magnum Force.

We actually want to build up a whole K frame as well that could be offered separately or sold with the front clip

I might be interested in the radiator/fan combo, if ya do need to change.

Started the layout for the torque arm. Will use Heim Joints to mount like the one pictured and allow the pinion angle to be adjusted. Just waiting on a few parts. Have the material for the trailing arms and to make an adjustable Panhard so we should be able to tackle this soon. The bracket is welded up on the bottom side and gusseted but may add some speedholes for prosperity!

torque arm example.jpg 20170928_122446.jpg 20170926_155118.jpg

That's some wild stuff you got going on over there, looks great!

I'm really excited to hear how you like the setup once it's done, hopefully I won't be far behind you. I do know that I really liked the factory torque arm that came in my Camaro....

Looks great:thumbsup:

Off topic and for something completely different, is there such a thing as a torque arm that uses quarter leafs instead of springs? Just thinking of a project I've been planing and a tourque arm could be an awesome option, but I don't want to use springs/coilovers...

Auto Transport Service
Back