• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Finally Did It.....EFI

Have you tried a couple more degrees of advance?
What are you running for heads?

I gutted my pcv valve. I cut the end off, pulled the guts out, drilled a small hole (.090") in the valve I took out of it, and epoxied it inside the pcv housing. Should be cured tomorrow.
20210113_191133.jpg

Last edited:
After installing my Sniper stealth I did the check as per installation manual to confirm the throttle reads correct.
Mine was like 68% open at WOT on the throttle, after readjusting the throttle cable it went up to the high 90's.

Always check the WOT position, the same rule applies for a normal carb.

Have you tried a couple more degrees of advance?
What are you running for heads?

Pump gas here is limited to 91 octane ethanol. No straight gas unless I buy race gas. I'm not sure how much power a few more degrees would give me in relation to the possibility of detonation. I do remember vacuum plateauing at 37 degrees so I wasn't gaining much more and locked it in.

Looking at the data log I thought you were at 32. I agree 37 sounds good

I finally gave in to the dark side. Purchased a Holley Sniper EFI for my GTX. I've been having a weird lean pop at mid-low rpm that I just cannot tune out on my Edelbrock AVS carb. Said "F' it and bought it.

I already have the Holley Sniper EFI gas tank with 255 Walbro pump and an o2 sensor installed so it should make for an easy swap. I went with the EFI 4150 550-516 unit. 800cfm and good to 650 hp. Has a built in pressure regulator and is what sold me on it.

Going to document my install as I go. I'm curious as to how my throttle and kickdown stud fit. I am assuming I'll have to tweak it.

View attachment 1037855

I'm assuming you have been working on this since Dec. and hopefully you have been successful. I'm in the middle of installing this same Holley EFI on my 440. What I'd like to ask you is where did you end up putting the temp. probe? I have Digital gauges and the only spot I can see for a mounting location already has the probe in it.

I'm assuming you have been working on this since Dec. and hopefully you have been successful. I'm in the middle of installing this same Holley EFI on my 440. What I'd like to ask you is where did you end up putting the temp. probe? I have Digital gauges and the only spot I can see for a mounting location already has the probe in it.

I have my efi probe in the WP, I also bought a coupler that goes in your radiator hose that has a port for my analog.

I have my efi probe in the WP, I also bought a coupler that goes in your radiator hose that has a port for my analog.
Thanks Mike, the water pump location is where I put the probe for the digital gauges. Finding a suitable location for both the EFI and digital is a real challenge. Can I ask where you got the coupler for the radiator hose?

Thanks for the info. How does that work out for you, do you get a correct reading for temps and the EFI?
[/QUOTE]
They are pretty close, the Terminator reads 182ish and my Autometer gauge will read 5-7° less.
It's just a theory but I'm thinking the there may be some conduction heat from the block into the pump, where as the coupler is isolated from everything but the water.
Its redundant I know, just gives me a little extra piece of mind.
I also have dual oil psi sensors, Terminator reads 75 and the gauge reads about 5psi less.

They are pretty close, the Terminator reads 182ish and my Autometer gauge will read 5-7° less.
It's just a theory but I'm thinking the there may be some conduction heat from the block into the pump, where as the coupler is isolated from everything but the water.
Its redundant I know, just gives me a little extra piece of mind.
I also have dual oil psi sensors, Terminator reads 75 and the gauge reads about 5psi less.[/QUOTE]
Very helpful, thanks Mike

A heater hose Tee fitting might be your best option...

View attachment 1056327
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP...6478877959&adgroup_id=79272987338&adtype=pla&

Thing is who ever wrote the page didn't give usable specs so I have no idea what the thread size is.... I've seen various sizes of similar fittings in the past but who knows if they are still available...
Yah I see that, 17.4 mm, thanks for the link even so. This may just help if it can be adapted, thanks for the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back