• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I quit.....

As a smoker and one who grew up with two non-stop smoking parents I hear ya. I'm back and forth on quitting and it's a bitch. My brother went to vaping beginning of the year and so far so good. Then ya hear that ain't all that good either. Those of you who have quit cold turk congrats and hope I can join your club.
Just make sure you tell your Brother about "Bubble Lung" which is caused by Vaping. Doesn't matter if it's tobacco products or CBDs. But I am now trying to be less critical about the habit because I do know first hand how hard it is to give up. Why it was never realized for what it was back when it was socially acceptable and what it caused is to me the greed of big business and the tobacco companies reaping huge profits at the expense of the users health. Still to this day if I were King, I would dissolve all tobacco companies and ban the use in its entirety. But I am not King so that will never come about. But once you quit for good and start the healing process, the end game is so much better for ya...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Fuckin A Bubba, Good on You!!!!!!!! You know where I stand on this as well as Bro Cr8crshr. YES! It's a tough nut to crack, stay strong! And stay away from anybody that does until you get over the hump, how long is that? You gotta find your groove to find it! Ctsh8r says GREAT! We're here for support! You just made one less BUTTHEAD in the world!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My congrats too as I cannot add anything else to the topic. Your wallet and your health will be Happy, Happy, Happy...cr8crshr/Tuck:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Good for you man! I smoked 2 packs of unfiltered Camels a day for years and then quit cold turkey. Nearly killed me. Best thing I ever did for myself. Smoke free since 1979.

Thanks for the comments. This is the fourth time I've quit over the years.....last time lasted 4 1/2 years, then just started again. Tobacco is just a matter of saying no to self all the time,,,,other substances I've quit, like alcohol & whiffables, I do not think about, do not want, but tobacco urge just never completely dies for me, especially under stress loads.
Had to move AGAIN too(2 moves in past 4 months), a pain in the ***, caused stress but I abstained from smoking throughout finding a new place & making the move & change of address headache. Now it's just me & the Pup DanaLoo in a house,,, no more effing roommates!! Now if I can just put another shop together.

Well,
Just remember one thing Jimi...

Remember the famous quote by Mark Twain:
"Quitting Tobaccy is easy...why, I've done it thousands of times"

Thanks for the comments. This is the fourth time I've quit over the years.....last time lasted 4 1/2 years, then just started again. Tobacco is just a matter of saying no to self all the time,,,,other substances I've quit, like alcohol & whiffables, I do not think about, do not want, but tobacco urge just never completely dies for me, especially under stress loads.
Had to move AGAIN too(2 moves in past 4 months), a pain in the ***, caused stress but I abstained from smoking throughout finding a new place & making the move & change of address headache. Now it's just me & the Pup DanaLoo in a house,,, no more effing roommates!! Now if I can just put another shop together.

Uh, please clarify one thing for me Jimi?
What is "Whiffables"?

We'll let Jim explain That one Mark.:popcorn2:
New years will be a year after I quit. 45 years of smoking and I could not stop without the help of the NicoDerm ptaches.At 1st I needed a double dose to kill the urge:screwy:

Good on you, man. Both my parents smoked. Mom quit when she was about 40 ish. She took up chewing gum instead and never looked back. I gave it up when I was 25. Now I am hypersensitive to the smell and cannot tolerate it.

We'll let Jim explain That one Mark.:popcorn2:
New years will be a year after I quit. 45 years of smoking and I could not stop without the help of the NicoDerm ptaches.At 1st I needed a double dose to kill the urge:screwy:

Congratulations Hemi-"fully blown"Itis! (Uncureable, fully blown)
I NEVER smoked but I can in someway, understand!
My mom, God rest her soul was born in 1927, yeah, THAT Generation...but they were brainwashed into smoking, it's cool, Doctors recommended it to calm nerves etc...
Well, she couldn't successfully quit...
And, look around at Recovering Alcoholics and Drug addicts...
They CAN quit Alcohol and Drugs successfully but 90+ percent of them still smoke.
My belief?
Hardest thing to quit...BAR NONE..

How many joints :fool: do you smoke a day now ?
if you're still partaking
one crutch replacing another, isn't quiting really...
that' still smoking, just not tobacco
My wife who is a nurse and has decades of experience, especially with cardiovascular disease said people who smoke tobacco and/or drink would be much much better off if they smoked weed instead, and the facts back that up strictly from a health perspective.
So if you have traded a little more weed smoking for quitting tobacco smoking Bladecutter, I say "smoke 'em if you got 'em" and congratulations!
:bananaweed:

Congratulations on kicking the habit!
:thumbsup:

3 years for me this Dec. 22.
I do not crave it or miss it. in fact , I have had a hard time believing I spent 30 years pissing away 5 bucks a day only to subject my body to that poisonous ****

I ve tried to quit . it is a hard thing to do after alot of years . its been just a habit more than a craving. I could use some support in making a effort in quitting.

It nice to see you all making it work .Congrats .
Just don’t give up. Don’t ever give up. I hate seeing families go thru what mine did. I wish you, anyone, only the best, in trying to kick that ****

Hardest thing to quit...BAR NONE..

Well, maybe the second hardest....
15888784_8ea0c2ebb7.jpg

:lol:

Well I miss it since I drive a 18 wheeler and have to put up with all these idiots passing me on the right and cutting me off all day long a cigarette was the only thing that would keep me from running some of these a holes over.

Gotta say it, quit in 84. No patches etc. Just willpower. I could stand one right now and don’t mind being around smokers. If I knew I’ll be under the bus tomorrow, I would get a carton of Camel Filters right here right now. Keep matches and an ash tray at the Bar.

I've never smoked cigarettes. I did Copenhagen from 18 until I was 36 then went cold turkey on it. Did no tobacco for 10 years afterward then picked up cigars back in 2006. Eventually worked my way up to my current 4-5 cigars a week. I can go days without wanting to smoke one. Truth be told I could stop today and not look back but I like the way they smell and they're part of my social setting as I've gotten older.

Auto Transport Service
Back