• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I will find history on your car

mopar megan

Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
So here is how it works you pm me with all the information you currently have on your car and I will do my best to backtrack previous owners trying to get all the way back to the dealership your car was originally sold. I will contact previous owners hunting for old photos, buildsheets, and any paperwork still available. Once I have gathered everything I can I will contact you and work out a price based on info gathered. If I find nothing you owe nothing.

sounds interesting....but how do i know this will be accurate?....and how would YOU know if its accurate?

say you trace what i give you to the dealership it was purchased....whats this gonna cost on the high side?

i would LOVE to get the history on my car...

but this is your first post here and i would like to hear about you.

how do i know if i give you my VIN, it wont end up on another car?

sell me...i need to trust you before i give up any #'s.

not trying to be mean...just want to be sure! :eusa_angel:

BS if you ask me. DMV's are not allowed to give out any info due to privacy laws.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am a stay at home Mom of 3 kids and my husband owns a Restoration Shop in Minnesota. I have helped research and have found the history of several of his cars. I have really enjoyed digging into the history of old cars, and thought it would be a fun way to help the Mopar community find information on their cars. I am in no way trying to scam anyone, and that is why there is no up front cost and the price when I am finished digging into the history will be negotiated. All cars will be different depending on how much history is there. Average check is between $50-$150. I will email a contract before I start so you can trust that your VIN #'s and any information you give me will not be sold or used for any other purpose.

you might be legit.....but i seriously doubt anyone here will willingly give up the vital information on their classic and/ or antique vehicles. we work too hard and have way too much money in these things...( as you would know if your husband actually does this ). i would love to know the history on my car but i think if we all wanted to put the effort in it,,,,you couldn't find anything that we cant find ourselves.

this being your first post, none of us here know you or of you or your husband at all , and to trust an unknown is a risk I personally would not take.....but thats just me.

ill tell you what i will do to test you is give you the info on my truck to prove your worthiness and info seeking ability if you would want to do that......because i really have no attachment to my truck like i do to my car. if this sounds like a deal to you ...let me know!

a trial run! brilliant!!

Megan, do you have a link to your husband's shop? or any info on it? it would help!

PM it to me so as not to offend the forum gods....

a trial run! brilliant!!

Megan, do you have a link to your husband's shop? or any info on it? it would help!

PM it to me so as not to offend the forum gods....

Exactly!!
How bout it Megan, put the name and location of the Restoration Shop out there.....let US do some legwork on YOU. Perhaps we will have a member that lives nearby or that is familiar with the shop and can vouch for you.
I was born and raised in St.Paul, Mn. Only 30 miles from there now.

A little paranoid fellas? If you're holding the title for your cars, just what do you think there is to gain from someone else knowing your VIN #. How many tens of thousands of high dollar car vin #s can you put your eyes on in the next 1/2 hour on the net?

Yeah, I didn't think VINs were classified, or a marketable commodity? I'd be interested to know the deal on my GTX, I know it was built in Jun 69, in the LA plant, and, I bought it as a pile or rust in Rhode Island, it was originally Q5 in color, but, somebody painted it Red, and let the rust eat it out from the inside, I really think mine was the worst condition B Body of all the ongoing projects here!

A little paranoid fellas? If you're holding the title for your cars, just what do you think there is to gain from someone else knowing your VIN #. How many tens of thousands of high dollar car vin #s can you put your eyes on in the next 1/2 hour on the net?

not that many matt. anything can be counterfeited....even titles and vin numbers..anyone posting the FULL vin on an ad is just stupid.. i really dont trust anyone with my vin number.....ESPECIALLY A WOMAN....(nuthin personal Megan...but i dont trust none of ya):headbang: if something bad will happen concerning a woman...you can bet it will happen to me! ....LMAO !:eek:

hoax you want my vin.:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::urkidding::thatswck:

wow I didnt really think I was going to be under fire here. I am sure all of you have been to a car show take mopars in the park in farmington, we had an orange v code 4-speed 70 superbee there last year and didnt cover the vin, how many vin numbers could i get just walking around. do you drill the tag off the dash and put it in a safe. How would you even register a car when you know ther is already one out there. My husbands shop is fat lip restorations in detroit lakes mn. Maybe this was a bad idea, but I will still try to help if there is any interest.

not that many matt. anything can be counterfeited....even titles and vin numbers..anyone posting the FULL vin on an ad is just stupid.. i really dont trust anyone with my vin number.....ESPECIALLY A WOMAN....(nuthin personal Megan...but i dont trust none of ya):headbang: if something bad will happen concerning a woman...you can bet it will happen to me! ....LMAO !:eek:

Just did a quick 68 to 70 Dodge search on EBay and 5 out of the first 7 cars had full vins for all to see.

Just did a quick 68 to 70 Dodge search on EBay and 5 out of the first 7 cars had full vins for all to see.

EBAGG is FULL of stupid people.... or maybe you just never picked up on that?:headbang:

Somebody is probably more likely to steal your identity then the vin from your car!

Rough crowd Meagan, If all you wanted was vin. numbers you could go on E-Bay and get quite a few!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back