• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake Manifold Coatings are on Sale!

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
There have been quite a few threads on here lately about how best to finish your intake manifold. Mainly as a Thank You to all of you who tag me in these threads, I've decided to help sway your decision when it comes to finding the right place to do it.

From today until November 15, 2021, I will deduct $50.00 off the Labor Total on every intake manifold that arrives at my shop!

The FAQ section on my website is tailored to new customers and is the best place to start when considering PSC for your refinishing needs. There is even a Quote Request Form on there you can use if you wish (it, along with the photos you provide, supplies all the info I need to give you the most accurate quote).

A few examples are shown below if you have never had an opportunity to check out my past work over the last 15 years with even more on my website Gallery. Most prefer to replicate the look of brand new aluminum while others like to match the engine color. My supplier has literally thousands of powder colors to choose from and I have a large number of Mopar-matching powders already in stock to turn your idea into reality.

Unlike your local guy who merely colors what you present, I devote the time and effort necessary to get the metal as close to perfect as possible before any powder starts flying. Each cast aluminum part is a unique piece -- some are smooth, some are bumpy, and most are a combination of both so I strive more for uniformity than outright perfection. Straight up though as always, intakes are one of my favorite things to restore and customize.

With the Fall Teardown Season approaching, it can get pretty crazy around here over the winter so the sooner you get it to me the sooner it will be finished.

Don't hesitate to Start a Conversation or give me a call after 10:00 a.m. Central U.S. time if you want to go over the basics or have any particular questions.

Before:

STR12 before.jpg

After:
STR12 after.jpg

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

Clifford intake with Valiant accessories.jpg

DWR protype intake.jpg

Mike Surrento intake.jpg

Mike Surrento intake close up.jpg

Before (for the Richard Petty Museum by the way ...):
Moonshine Speed Shop Eddy intake before.jpg

After:

Moonshine Speed Shop Eddy intake after.jpg

It's been a pleasure being a part of FBBO for all these years and YOUR SUPPORT is the only thing that's kept my doors open since 2007! This is my way of Paying It Forward a little.

I look forward to working with you! Thanks for taking a moment to read this and check out some of my past creations.

Love the early turbo II intake photo! Great looking work, I'll definitely keep your shop in mind (regardless of coupons) if I get around to building anything one day!

:rolleyes: Come on man, really?

I love the chivalry there Ed but please lighten up. Not only did he say "with all due respect" -- which is mutual and appreciated regardless, let me explain a little of my philosophy.

There are very few ladies in my industry to begin with. (Unbeknownst to them though, real custom coaters call them 'Yeti Cup Moms who make side money with toaster ovens' on the boards, not exactly a flattering description no matter how accurate it might be.)

Striving for an amazing work product that captures the picture in my customer's head has always been my main focus since the outset in 2007. Since mom always said to flaunt it if you've got it, I've also carved my niche by trying to be individually memorable at the same time while never EVER letting any of you forget I'm a woman. Finished parts are called Leanna's Powder **** and are always displayed on lace backgrounds, @rumblefish360 coined that Mistress of Metal term over a decade ago, and my Customer Appreciation gifts are just as distinctive as my custom valve covers are. Simply put, I want to give you everything you want and more when you retain me to finish your metal, and I want you to remember me well enough that you know exactly who to call later when it's time for another project.

I'd love to have your support too, even if it's just buying one of my calendars. Maybe one day ...........

Last edited:
I love the chivalry there Ed but please lighten up. Not only did he say "with all due respect" -- which is mutual and appreciated regardless, let me explain a little of my philosophy.

There are very few ladies in my industry to begin with. (Unbeknownst to them though, real custom coaters call them 'Yeti Cup Moms who make side money with toaster ovens' on the boards, not exactly a flattering description no matter how accurate it might be.)

Striving for an amazing work product that captures the picture in my customer's head has always been my main focus since the outset in 2007. Since mom always said to flaunt it if you've got it, I've also carved my niche by trying to be individually memorable at the same time while never EVER letting any of you forget I'm a woman. The parts are always displayed on lace backgrounds, @rumblefish360 coined that Mistress of Metal term over a decade ago, and my Customer Appreciation gifts are just as distinctive as my custom valve covers are. Simply put, I want to give you everything you want and more when you retain me to finish your metal, and I want you to remember me well enough that you know exactly who to call later when it's time for another project.

I'd love to have your support too, even if it's just buying one of my calendars. Maybe one day ...........
you go girl :thumbsup:
much respect

As timing would have it, today's Powder **** is a customized older Weiand intake for a 440 for an honored Army combat aviation vet right here on FBBO. He's delighted -- and that's all that truly matters in the end.

"Absolutely fabulous!! It looks better than new. I couldn't have imagined such stellar results Leanna. You way, way outdid yourself here. Thank you sooo much. You are a superstar."

IMG_1581 (2).JPG

IMG_1584 (2).JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

The sun gods shunned me though ...

IMG_1603.JPG

Randy also won the PSC Academy Award for Best Packing in the Intake Manifold Category! :thankyou: I think it could have fallen OFF the truck and would have survived the impact without a mark.

IMG_1577.JPG

Thank you too in the meantime for the calls, messages and emails via the Quote Request Form! You guys are awesome!!!

Straight up as always, business literally boomed for ten months of 2020 despite the shutdowns ... right up until November 3 when it fell off like never before. Last winter was the most dismal "Really Busy Season" I've endured yet so I'm hoping this sale will bring some more of you to my work bench.

I've also decided NOT to charge for packing time no matter how long it takes to get your project secured and ready for its trip home. I know you could choose a local option with coaters on nearly every corner these days, so you shouldn't be penalized by deciding to ship your valued parts here. I want your experience to be 100% positive in every way and will do what I can to make sure that happens.

Thanks again!

As timing would have it, today's Powder **** is a customized older Weiand intake for a 440 for an honored Army combat aviation vet right here on FBBO. He's delighted -- and that's all that truly matters in the end.

"Absolutely fabulous!! It looks better than new. I couldn't have imagined such stellar results Leanna. You way, way outdid yourself here. Thank you sooo much. You are a superstar."

View attachment 1155151
View attachment 1155152
View attachment 1155153
View attachment 1155154

The sun gods shunned me though ...

View attachment 1155156

Randy also won the PSC Academy Award for Best Packing in the Intake Manifold Category! :thankyou: I think it could have fallen OFF the truck and would have survived the impact without a mark.

View attachment 1155157

Thank you too in the meantime for the calls, messages and emails via the Quote Request Form! You guys are awesome!!!

Straight up as always, business literally boomed for ten months of 2020 despite the shutdowns ... right up until November 3 when it fell off like never before. Last winter was the most dismal "Really Busy Season" I've endured yet so I'm hoping this sale will bring some more of you to my work bench.

I've also decided NOT to charge for packing time no matter how long it takes to get your project secured and ready for its trip home. I know you could choose a local option with coaters on nearly every corner these days, so you shouldn't be penalized by deciding to ship your valued parts here. I want your experience to be 100% positive in every way and will do what I can to make sure that happens.

Thanks again!
Thank you Leanna. I'm very pleased with the results and you're both easy to work with, and easy on the eyes. lol. It will be the highlight of my engine compartment.

:rolleyes: Come on man, really?
God forbid that i disrespect or offend our beloved Leanna in any way, is just s joke, in fact she knows it, she play along and we trick cranky too ,a while ago, as you can see Ed, we are talking of a soap, that's it, although the pawn was intended, but never to offend her, in any way .:thumbsup:

Thank you Leanna. I'm very pleased with the results and you're both easy to work with, and easy on the eyes. lol. It will be the highlight of my engine compartment.

THANK YOU RANDY!!!!!!!!! It has been a true joy working with you too, especially an honored U.S. Veteran ... in my eyes you never get the thanks or recognition you all deserve. I look forward to seeing it when you get that beast all put together, and to working with you again in the future. Your business means the world to me! << Big Dating Game kiss >>

@CudaChick1968 :
In lieu of reposting all that you wrote, I'd have thought with all you and I have corresponded over time
about - you'd know that I knew all that already.
Further, if you had issue with what I posted, I would have expected you to have come at me in PM as usual,
but ok...

Regardless, I didn't "fuss" at him out of any chivalry. I obviously wasn't concerned about your ability to fend
for yourself.
You may rest assured that I was much more "fussing" at my friend than defending your honor...
Point was, there was a time when locker room humor amongst the guys wasn't subjected upon the ladies - not
because anyone was worried about if "they could take it", but out of showing some simple damn respect.
Guess that's old-fashioned anymore. Color me guilty. Won't happen again.

I summarily reject the notion that you've ever not had my support - but then, you knew that already, too.

God forbid that i disrespect or offend our beloved Leanna in any way, is just s joke, in fact she knows it, she play along and we trick cranky too ,a while ago, as you can see Ed, we are talking of a soap, that's it, although the pawn was intended, but never to offend her, in any way .:thumbsup:
I'm aware of the product you referred to, my friend. I was just hoping for a bit more tact - but again, I've
now been scolded for such old-fashioned notions.
I have become my father, I guess.
Won't happen again. Mea culpa.

I'm aware of the product you referred to, my friend. I was just hoping for a bit more tact - but again, I've
now been scolded for such old-fashioned notions.
I have become my father, I guess.
Won't happen again. Mea culpa.
Ahh my dear Ed, no problem at all, in the end we all became our father or grandfather, that's the beauty of aging, you are a great guy and i remember very well why are you so protective and care to Leanna, she's a great gal too, i promise just for the sake of the appearance never do that joke again, we all have to respect each other, and if you feel uncomfortable with what I said I apologize my friend, let's enjoy Leanna powder ****( ( her words not mine) :lol: be well and post more pics if Fred.

Ahh my dear Ed, no problem at all, in the end we all became our father or grandfather, that's the beauty of aging, you are a great guy and i remember very well why are you so protective and care to Leanna, she's a great gal too, i promise just for the sake of the appearance never do that joke again, we all have to respect each other, and if you feel uncomfortable with what I said I apologize my friend, let's enjoy Leanna powder ****( ( her words not mine) :lol: be well and post more pics if Fred.
No no, my bad. Serious.

Ed, if what I have to say is of a private nature I'll use private messaging. In this instance, with the number of new members every day who may not yet be familiar with my shop or unconventional way of doing business, it was more of an explanation to them as well.

Sex Harassment sign.jpg

I believe in getting the work done to the highest degree of professionalism while having fun at the same time.

You get a D. :rofl:

No worries Ed! It's all good.

After learning she had a lung tumor less than 3 weeks ago and going through one infusion / chemo treatment, my mom passed away yesterday morning. She was 83.

I'm not looking for a Pity Party or anything because I wasn't raised that way.

After meeting with the funeral home today (following the new realization she had no insurance beyond MediCare), I could REALLY use some work guys. The cost for her cremation is astronomical, actually more than I've made in the last few months. The owner's kid's comment that their facility is "the least costly in Weakley County" doesn't mask or lessen the reality that I'll be paying for this for a very long time. But I was raised to work for what I have and know no different way to be. I can't even get ahold of my brother who changed his number several years ago, perhaps to avoid this very thing.

Even if it's just a couple brackets or something, every new job will help right now. It's hard enough losing a loved one without the added sticker shock. "Numb" is the best adjective I can think of and really doesn't come close.

Rest in peace Mom! You'll be missed tremendously ...

Johnson family portrait.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back