• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color are YOUR sneakers ? Then... or now.

I'm done with white/light colored sneakers because they look like crap in a couple months. I now go with brown sneakers as dirt doesn't sow.
I have a few in grey & black, New Ballance IIRC
they make my feet stink when sweaty...
But yes they don't show dirt like the white leather does
"that's just patina now"

is your nickname Emilda ? Imelda (spell) Markos, former 1st lady Philipines (?) IIRC

damn I thought I was bad
just having maybe a dozen pairs of boots & shoes still

I don't wear out my stuff like I did as a kid,
Ones I have, most my shoes & boots are 15-25 years old
except the steel-toed work boots,
but since retired they don't get a lot of use either
I see them lasting 20+ years now too

As a kid "in a month" I'd go through some ChuckConners hi-tops
or PF Flyers worn out or holes
Maybe riding my Schwinn Stingray Pea Picker 5 speed dragging my feet didn't help

My dad when married to his 2nd wife (hot redhead) managed
"The Shoe Stable" chain in the East Bay Area
He also had a delivery co. Orinda Stage Lines
he always supplied us kids with new stylish shoes,
I was a 'desert boots' kid or tennis shoes until I was like 12
I always had riding boots/cowboy boots too...
I was growing fast, every 6 months to a years a size bigger
I got up to 13s in my senior year, got a bit wider but no longer after that...
There are more, but you get it!!
20230222_123012.jpg

I wear sneakers, exclusively. I have work boots, but chance bad stuff happening. I wear old-man NB shoes. I seem to wear 3 different pairs, then as they wear-out [6-8 months], I have a stash of new ones waiting. It pisses my wife off...all the New Balance shoe-boxes in stock.

Last edited:
I have worn these, exclusively, for more than two decades now:
View attachment 1566536
Nike Air Monarch, whatever "series" it's in now. I think it's currently "Mark IV" or whatever.
Now -why do I wear them and nothing else?
- they're built like tanks and last virtually forever
- they are NOT 16 colors and swoops and splashes and all that visual throw-up
(in fact, I switched to them when the Reebok people stopped making my former favorites).
For me, it was actually a compromise to own sneakers that have any design on them at all,
leave alone more than one color - and I loathe black sneakers.
- they remain the only shoes I've ever encountered in my life that you take out of the box,
slip them on and bam - no break-in needed. At all.
Like, they're instantly comfortable, dig?
I keep a "nice" pair for out and about - and the previous ones, now rotated out of that
spot by age, are used for yard work, rolling around under cars, tractor riding, etc.

Spray Nine keeps the outside presentable. The liner comes out for laundering and I use the
Kiwi spray to keep the reeking to a minimum - and I'll wear the damn things until I'm gone
as long as we can still find them somewhere.
Nike has tried to obsolete them several times over the years, but customer demand keeps
them coming back over and over again - and they're not stupid.
Damn things are extremely comfortable from day 1 and durable as hell - and are available
in 4EE width, critical for me.
Same here. Agree with everything you said. I bet I have had over 20-25 pair of these shoes over the years. I even have them in all black when I have to dress up....lol.
My kids always give me hell and say they are old man Grandpa shoes. I am old I tell them.

I wear sneakers, exclusively. I have work boots, but chance bad stuff happening. I wear old-man NB shoes. I seem to wear 3 different pairs, then as they wear-out [6-8 months], I have a stash of new ones waiting. It pisses my wife off...all the New Balance show-boxes in stock.
I've got three new pairs in boxes on a shelf in the garage.... :lol:

When Amazon had a sale a few months back, I stocked up. All NB , all exact same as shown, wide width and all white leather

Im set for at least 3 or 4 years

20231202_105137.jpg

Best winter boots I have ever owned. Your feet sweat unless it's REALLY cold.
20231201_205210.jpg

Late again....but my current footwear. The retina-burning ones are for car-shows.
shoes 2.jpg
shoes.jpg

My preference for the longest time is that of black or dark brown. However, some evidence has emerged that I used to wear white sneakers. This is my brother and I, myself on the left, setting up for one of our legendary pig roasts from back about 35 years ago. I think the pic with me and the guitar cake was my 25th birthday, at the pig roast of course.

E1AC46DB-0E7C-45ED-95C4-A16289E55B2C.png

53B4B1FC-0A9A-4D60-A311-CAFA6CFC1D10.png

white low top Chuck Taylors....... later on it was black high top Reeboks..... always with white socks, never black socks

just came across this picture from my black high top days...... marked 1995...... this was my look :popcorn2:

1995show (1).jpg

Wow did you see that!!

Besides the starter mullet, a Sears store still in operation!

for the record, I never went "full mullet" :icon_fU:

however, 10 years earlier...... I was sporting the "full stoner" look :fool:

MarkandShelly.PNG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back