• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been talking to a car guy from Norway.

SteveSS

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
You know I'm Norwegian so I thought it would be fun to contact someone in the car scene from Norway. Just a few emails but he has an extensive blog of car shows and cars and coffee. There doesn't seem much difference in their car shows than ours. I don't see much Rat Rod stuff though. This one picture made me laugh. It's how I imagine the weather in Norway. I even have a sweatshirt that says, "Det finnes ikke darlig vaer, bare darlige klaer." It means there's no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing.

His blog is here. lov2xlr8.no

rainy.jpg

Of course thier cars look great. THey get like two days a years where they aren't buried under 13 feet of snow..

You know I'm Norwegian so I thought it would be fun to contact someone in the car scene from Norway. Just a few emails but he has an extensive blog of car shows and cars and coffee. There doesn't seem much difference in their car shows than ours. I don't see much Rat Rod stuff though. This one picture made me laugh. It's how I imagine the weather in Norway. I even have a sweatshirt that says, "Det finnes ikke darlig vaer, bare darlige klaer." It means there's no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing.

His blog is here. lov2xlr8.no

View attachment 1506315
I bet you put in an order for a bucket of Lutefisk. :lol:

I go the Sons of Norway Christmas dinner ever year and have Lutefisk and Lefsa. Lefsa is great, I can choke down about half a Lutefisk. My mom Haldis loves it and asks for more, She's only about 98 pounds.

For your information Lutefisk is a white fish they catch and to preserve it they soak it in lye until it turns into a gel. It's horrible!

Lutefisk (Norwegian, pronounced [ˈlʉ̂ːtfɛsk] in Northern and parts of Central Norway, [ˈlʉ̂ːtəˌfɪsk] in Southern Norway; Swedish: lutfisk [ˈlʉ̂ːtfɪsk]; Finnish: lipeäkala [ˈlipeæˌkɑlɑ]; literally "lye fish") is dried whitefish. Usually cod is used, but ling and burbot are also used. It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish), or dried and salted cod, cured in lye. The fish adopts a gelatinous texture after being rehydrated for days prior to eating.[1]

I looked it up. In Finland the population is 80% blond 69% blue eyes. Sweden is 80% blond 80% blue eyes. Norway is 75% blond and 70% blue eyes. I am always surprised to see Norwegian with dark hair. Like the dark haired girl from ABBA but she was a Nazi science experiment.

Member-only story

Singer From Music Band ABBA Was Born in the Horrific Nazi Project​

Anni-Frid Lyngstad was born because of the notorious Lebensborn program​

https://medium.com/@peter.preskar?source=post_page-----fe6f6ce9af5f--------------------------------

https://medium.com/m/signin?actionU...-----------------post_audio_button-----------

1*b7rjT8kZHSGmS4m1QmaL3A.jpg

Member of ABBA band. Anni-Frid Lyngstad is the first from the right (Image:abbaannualviggso.blogspot.com/)
ABBA was one of the most popular music groups in history. You have probably heard at least one of their hits. For example Waterloo, SOS, or Mamma Mia. At the height of their popularity, ABBA earned more money than another Swedish trademark — automobile company Volvo.
Lebensborn means Spring of life in German. However, this word received a much more malevolent meaning in the time of Nazi Germany. The Lebensborn program was a notorious Nazi project, which tried to increase the Aryan population. They used various inhumane methods, including state-sponsored breeding and abducting of children from Nazi-occupied countries such as Poland, Russia, and Yugoslavia.
The ideal Aryan had blue eyes and blonde hair. The Scandinavians perfectly fit into this requirement. The Lebensborn program encouraged German soldiers to have relationships with Danish and Norwegian women. In Norway only, over 12,000 children were born from such relationships.
However, after Nazi Germany lost World War II, these children and women were ostracized. The women were called the “German whores.” The children received derogatory nicknames such as “SS bastard”, “rat,” or “Nazi child.” They were abused, imprisoned in mental institutions, and the Norwegian government even tried to deport them to Australia!
At a certain point in time, the Norwegian military partnered with the CIA and used the Lebensborn children for experiments with LSD, mescaline, and other drugs.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad was born to Norwegian mother Synni Lyngstad and a German sergeant Alfred Haase on 15 November 1945, few months after Germany had lost the war and her father had departed back home. Afraid to face humiliation by fellow Norwegians, Synni Lyngstad took her baby Anni-Frid and together with her mother Anni left Norway. They immigrated to Sweden, which tolerated the Lebensborn children.
In 1947, Anni-Frid’s mother died because of kidney failure. Only two years old Anni-Frid was raised by her grandmother Anni.
Anni-Frid believed that her biological father Alfred Haase had died on his way…

Dated a Swedish gal in HS, she has a twin sister quite difficult to tell them apart. They came to America when they were around 5 years old. They were ahh, really something. Had some fun switching to see when I would get to the point of noticing the difference. I had some fun with that too.

Auto Transport Service
Back