• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jumper cables? Nah....there is a newer, better way to go.

Had and still have a Hulkman 85 for about four years now... I've used it a lot... various cars, motorcycles, assorted farm equipment and even a big rig...Before buying it I Didn't have much in the way of expectations but since I fly a lot I'd been experiencing dead batteries when I would return after being on the road for a couple weeks... Getting to the airport around midnight only to discover a dead battery sucks... Waiting thirty minutes or more for a jump just added to the long day... I'd tested repeatedly for draws, tried a new battery twice... The Hulk lives in my glovebox & has been flawless....

I typically can use it five or six times and still show 50% charge... I've never run it down past 25%..

This was a great post for me to see and read. I’ve had two of these do it all versions - Don’t remember the brands but bought one at Walmart - both pieces of ****. I got rid of them pretty quickly but have always secretly wanted another - never sure of the brand. This time I don’t want the “do everything” kind - just a jumper w/maybe a few usp and c ports in them that’s enough. Some of you have said small enough for the glove box….. I’m back in, gonna go looking - Or would you buy online - from who?

Now I remember - one of them was a Dewalt - had thought that was a good brand. Not for what I bought.

Last edited:
You guys need to get with the times and go wireless....

1708964842419.jpeg

:lol:

I have yet to purchase one, but the guys on the Ram forum I am on rave about the NOCO jump starter pack. The one for around $100 will take care of pretty much anything out there.

Thirty, forty years ago I use to carry cables & helped a lot of people with dead batteries... These days with all the electronics on cars I'm not risking damage to be a nice guy... Always feel kinda guilty when someone's sitting with the hood up, kids looking restless... Parent looking frustrated... These days I pull out the little jumper & go help them out... Trying to bring a little decency back to my small world..

I have yet to purchase one, but the guys on the Ram forum I am on rave about the NOCO jump starter pack. The one for around $100 will take care of pretty much anything out there.
Actually I bought one of each to see which one I like best /w case too. The NOCO /additional off brand case is $117. The Hulkman w/additional off brand case is $150 - but twice the capacity. Same size units and cases. I expect light duty needs. A just in case item…

I'm on the RamForumZ with this same screen name.

Thirty, forty years ago I use to carry cables & helped a lot of people with dead batteries... These days with all the electronics on cars I'm not risking damage to be a nice guy... Always feel kinda guilty when someone's sitting with the hood up, kids looking restless... Parent looking frustrated... These days I pull out the little jumper & go help them out... Trying to bring a little decency back to my small world..
This is just ONE of the valuable services that you offer to your fellow man.

This is just ONE of the valuable services that you offer to your fellow man.
Most of us try to help... I've had my GF question the safety of helping people... My response is I may be foolish but IMO if people won't help one another then we have lost our humanity & I don't really want to live in that sort of world.... So I do what I can... Hopefully others will do the same..

I've stopped to help strangers all my life. My mother used to worry that I'd get hurt doing so.
Mary knows it is in my nature so she doesn't try to change me.
I agree....we need more Samaritans to smooth over the rough patches for others.

I have one of the Noco jump boxes. It jumps my F-250 with a 6.7 diesel no problem. I have probably used it more on stranded motorists than I have on my own cars. I am considering getting another one just to have in my other car.

So what's the official favorite of the FBBO experts? Noco or Hulkman?

I'm ready to make a purchase.

1708975478369.png

This is the unit in the link that 1 Wild R/T posted.

If you're in a pinch and have a battery laying around, but no tools to remove the dead one, just invert it and touch the posts together

Auto Transport Service
Back