• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junk Yard Fuel Injection.

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi Fellas,
I have been thinking (danger) about how I could add fuel injection to my 65 318 2 BBL, daily driver engine, maybe using used components. Has anyone tackled this yet? I guess the computer would be the hard part. Ideas?
I already have everything but the electronic distributor to convert to electronic ignition.
Mike

It would not be very difficult if you used a General Motors TBI system. Parts are cheap and all is available. Electric fuel pump in gas tank and return line..

It's getting harder and harder to do junkyard EFI and be cost effective. The Holley Sniper is $999 and bolts right on. In my experience with retrofitting Ford EEC-IV setups, junkyard EFI ends up being nearly the same price and much more headache.

In the early 1990s some hot rod type magazine showed how chevy cavalier tbi could be retrofitted to jeep 4.0 straight 6. My neighbor and I tackled the job on a 80s Cherokee. Worked like a charm. I wish I'd kept that article.

I have plenty of distributors if needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back