• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just a little off the back and sides please

Thanks, eldubb440. After I sent the pictures, I examined the current body a bit closer and it actually could benefit from the replacement more than I thought. I think I will try to use as much of the donor as I can and then go back to replace the Dutchman panel and the trunk gutters.

When you say, "don't eat any lead," what do you mean?

It's wisdom like, "you can't really destroy anything that's already beat," that gives me wind beneath my wings :) Thanks for the encouragement and the insights.

get the dutchman out of your way, if the lower window corners are swiss cheese, trim that back also........

don't eat lead means just that, there is a bunch of lead in that sail panel

I have a pair of lower rear window corners somewhere that didn't get used, if you need them I can dig them up and send them your way.

Last edited:
guess I need to update while I'm here........ just as the underside of this car begins to kick my ***, I can move on from the worst part of the job...... you could serve Thanksgiving dinner on this thing.........and I don't think pictures do justice to the amount of labor.

no one ever worked so hard to avoid having to get a real job :BangHead:

View attachment 1558241View attachment 1558242View attachment 1558243View attachment 1558244View attachment 1558245View attachment 1558247View attachment 1558248View attachment 1558249

View attachment 1558250
Did I see some rust there??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The body on this thing is going to be amazing. I guess I better make sure the engine matches the body quality... :rolleyes:

sealed up the cowl, fenders and doors for the last time...... now I can get the fenders back off......I put some blue on the cowl vents; just to take a look; at both the vents and the color......looking good

IMG_20231117_211252717.jpg
IMG_20231117_211229078.jpg

First bit of color on the exterior!!! :bananaweed:

It has come a long way from the way it looked sitting in the barn.

Yeah, I know, :xscuseless:
IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

I can't wait to see it painted and starting to come together - it's going to be a great car. :thumbsup:

First bit of color on the exterior!!! :bananaweed:

It has come a long way from the way it looked sitting in the barn.

Yeah, I know, :xscuseless:
View attachment 1559116

View attachment 1559117

View attachment 1559118

View attachment 1559120

I can't wait to see it painted and starting to come together - it's going to be a great car. :thumbsup:

great pics ^^^^^^^^

wife says she can't remember a Thanksgiving when I wasn't painting a Mopar; guess it just works out like that........... the nice part is it's usually too cold for bugs, but not freezing............. I have about a foot and a half of leaves in the yard, looks like a leaf blizzard

@HawkRod ......... look at the right fender in that picture, you can see the bottom "kicked out" behind the tire plain as day...... remember the issue we had with that? it was manufactured that way, it even stressed the rocker trim a bit.......... you can shim it out, but you can't shim it in

great pics ^^^^^^^^

wife says she can't remember a Thanksgiving when I wasn't painting a Mopar; guess it just works out like that........... the nice part is it's usually too cold for bugs, but not freezing............. I have about a foot and a half of leaves in the yard, looks like a leaf blizzard
Defrost the turkey already!
Then get to painting that thing. We are all at the edge of our seats!
wax-on-wax-off.gif

@HawkRod ......... look at the right fender in that picture, you can see the bottom "kicked out" behind the tire plain as day...... remember the issue we had with that? it was manufactured that way, it even stressed the rocker trim a bit.......... you can shim it out, but you can't shim it in
Yes, it's definitely kicked out. BUT, the car was also hit on the front right - front bumper was bent, so maybe that caused the fender to buckle?

Regardless, like lots of cars, the body doesn't look terrible in the pictures, but you certainly know the work that has gone into this thing to make the body perfect. That tweaked fender was just one of many subtle things that easily could have been overlooked. But I think you've got this one licked!

Should I come down with a rattle can and help paint it?!?
1700318031700.png

Yes, it's definitely kicked out. BUT, the car was also hit on the front right - front bumper was bent, so maybe that caused the fender to buckle?

tiny little dent where the bumper contacted, pinky size......... no way it twisted that fender. I'm going with factory defect, cause I've seen it before

either way, it's fixed now :thumbsup:

@eldubb440 :

UPDATE WITH PICTURES PLEASE!!!

I walked away while my hands healed up...... no ****, I still have some scab on my fingers.

blew leaves for 3 days, spent 2 days cleaning my various messes, cleaned and rearranged the shop, gave the heater and compressor some love , did Thanksgiving........ lots of distractions out of the way, now I can concentrate......... this is my life :rolleyes:

after numerous distractions...... I'm back at it

no glamour shots just yet........these front stiffeners are the last major task that was left to be done....... doesn't look like much, but they just tore up a 12 hour day. :rolleyes: got a few other loose ends tied up also; I'm finally closing in on it

now if the world will just leave me alone for a week or so, maybe we can get to the next milestone :mad:

IMG_20231203_015607332.jpg
IMG_20231203_015742791.jpg
IMG_20231203_015810907_HDR.jpg

I can't wait to see it painted. That medium dark blue is going to look killer! :thumbsup:

tiny little dent where the bumper contacted, pinky size......... no way it twisted that fender. I'm going with factory defect, cause I've seen it before

either way, it's fixed now :thumbsup:
The way my buddy explained it on my car was the rocker was assembled too far in ( as I recall)
Same side. Also on that car , the DS quarter was sticking out by 1/2 ". There was that much lead filling the trunk gap. The trunk drop offs were barely welded in.
Someone had to go take a **** or something while putting my car together :rolleyes:

The way my buddy explained it on my car was the rocker was assembled too far in ( as I recall)
Same side. Also on that car , the DS quarter was sticking out by 1/2 ". There was that much lead filling the trunk gap. The trunk drop offs were barely welded in.
Someone had to go take a **** or something while putting my car together :rolleyes:

after numerous distractions...... I'm back at it

no glamour shots just yet........these front stiffeners are the last major task that was left to be done....... doesn't look like much, but they just tore up a 12 hour day. :rolleyes: got a few other loose ends tied up also; I'm finally closing in on it

now if the world will just leave me alone for a week or so, maybe we can get to the next milestone :mad:

View attachment 1567502View attachment 1567503View attachment 1567504
I'd wait until after Christmas, maybe Santa will get you some new grinder wheels.

:poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back