• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just another 505 build

I have and I really love what I am seeing with those, but I know my Hooker Headers won't work with the angled plugs so will add to the $$$, have looked at 440 source CNC ported heads, but I'm a bit afraid of using it for a pure racing application vs street. Gotta put a solid parts list together and see how the budget looks.

I got 590 hp out of my 440 @ 5900 rpm with a six pack & 9.9 pistons and a mild cam. He said I could make a easy 650-700 with cam & fuel system swap. OOTB heads, just inspected and cleaned up.

I would guess 750-800. And these were the 240s not the 270s

I have and I really love what I am seeing with those, but I know my Hooker Headers won't work with the angled plugs so will add to the $$$, have looked at 440 source CNC ported heads, but I'm a bit afraid of using it for a pure racing application vs street. Gotta put a solid parts list together and see how the budget looks.
I wouldn't be afraid of the cnc source heads . I bracket race monthly , and have run them for several years plus daily drive it . They are now on my 505 and going strong . Will see how it goes later this year with a 1050. dominator .

Tex

Just got some good deals together and pulled the trigger. Got some Trick Flow 270's on the way... I'll post pictures and answer any questions you guys got about them. Really excited!!!

What intake will you use with the TF 270s, are they Max Wedge port?

Just got some good deals together and pulled the trigger. Got some Trick Flow 270's on the way... I'll post pictures and answer any questions you guys got about them. Really excited!!!
Congrats those are some really nice heads. We’re going to have to line up our coronets out at 41 next year! :steering:

What intake will you use with the TF 270s, are they Max Wedge port?
Gonna use the Edlebrok Super Victor with a Dominator Flange. Its the intake opened up to Max Wedge ports.

1967coronet440 - Sounds good buddy! Looking forward to it haha

Your going to run a hood scoop, right. That should be a tall set up.

If you are buying the heads completely assembled make sure the valve springs will handle your cam lift and RPM range. You might as well have them ported before you put them on because you're going to want to do it after about 3 times at the track. Trust me... when I ported my Indy EZ heads to about 340 to 350 CFM and I brought them out to MAX WEDGE SIZE I picked up three tenths of a second over standard port non ported heads. Repeating, Port them now cuz you're going to want to do it later.

I just ordered the five inch tall in the front and 3 inch tall in the rear 1966 Hemi scoop from glass Tech. It takes that to get enough room for your big intake, spacer and dominator. I have the harwood Pro Stock style snorkel scoop now but I want to get back to the Mopar classic style.

My Hooker Super Comp 2 1/8 fit my Indy -1 angled plugs with no issue.
Doug

I've used both the Hooker 1-7/8 and 2" Hooker Super Comp with anglend plugs on BB 505

Hey guys,

Finally wrapping up this project as I see the racing season fly by me... Curious on what you guys think it'll run... Hoping to start it up next weekend as I get the rest of the car wired back up!

505 CID
264 IN/274 EX DUR @ .050
.620 IN/.643 EX - Solid Flat Tappet
Installed @ 108 CL
Stock (Ya I know...) 452 Iron's
11-1 compression ratio
5200 stall 9" Converter
Single Plane TM7
750 Carb (Under carbed, but its what I got for now...)
Running 4.11's out back.
Car weighs 3700.

Any advice or thoughts with first time start would also be appreciated!

View attachment 346932 View attachment 346933 View attachment 346935 View attachment 346934
View attachment 346936

That thing rocks , I bet it's a blast to drive .

I'll be interested to see what you run with your 505.

I also built a 505 but it's also on hold while I wait for the Victor heads to get back from porting.

For my combination I'm looking to see some 10.5 time slips, and anything quicker than that will be bonus.

The combo I've put together is also a 505 but with:

Edelbrock Victor Max Wedge heads - full port, will have before and after flow numbers when done
12.7 CR
274 / 282 @ 050, 672 lift solid roller
Indy Cross Ram with 750 Eddies.
Dynamic 5000 converter
Pro Trans with brake
Dana 4.10
3400 lbs less driver.
I also went with the ultra light crank, aluminum main caps, stud and girdle to help hold it together.
Check it out.

View attachment 349036
View attachment 349038
View attachment 349040
View attachment 349051
The last picture was taken before engine removal a few months ago.
-------------------
A year later. And Mr. Mike Gaines was right about having a 10.30 motor.
IMG_1819.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back