• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K-Frame Restoration Process

Eric @71SandbugCharger, being one of yours -- thank you muahhhhh -- I'll tell you straight up my highest paying job of all time was $2100.

It was for 18 antique bread signs -- most needing resto, in a bunch of colors (including a special order blue), and with tons of tedious and technical work involved. I even had to fab/weld fixtures to suspend them.

View attachment 1353601
View attachment 1353602

My last k-member was in a big suspension spread and maybe cost $300.

Your kid did indeed get the "--uck off kid, I don't wanna touch that nasty thing" price.

Yep! I'm trying to think of a way to get the K-Frame to you to blast and powder-coat! A flight and stay for both me and my son, and your efforts and costs would still be less expensive!!!

Update…. Went to one of my last used sand blasting company and they are blasting, outcasting, cleaning up and powder coating the kframe and sway bar in satin black. The lower control arms just blasting so I can toughen and weld them up in places. $170 after a nice long talk! Won’t ever be as good as CudaChick1968 could ever do, but it will be done. Thanks for all your helpful advice on the rebuilding!

Auto Transport Service
Back