• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LEDs Rock!

Bruzilla

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
I put a set of LEDs into the my rallye gauge cluster yesterday and WOW! Best $15 I ever put into that car. The LEDs give the gauges a nice white/blue tint and they're at least twice as bright as they were before. For a quick mod, it's well worth it.

Last edited:
Bruzilla,

Do you have a P/N for the bulbs, or which business you got them from? I would be interested in trying that myself.

Oh. I have the old style. I think they were used until `72. Originally uses the 194 'bayonet' bulbs. They go into the black socket (photo) then the assembly is inserted into the dash from the back. Thanks though.

imagesCAOPVWF6.jpg

I put a set of LEDs into the my rallye gauge cluster yesterday and WOW! Best $15 I ever put into that car. The LEDs give the gauges a nice white/blue tint and they're at least twice as bright as they were before. For a quick mod, it's well worth it.

I have been thinking of doing this for a while now, do they light up your cluster evenly or do you have dark spots?
reason I ask is I was told by a guy at a show you need the led's with the lights on the sides also to distribute the light the same way the original incandescent bulbs did.

The ones you got are way cheaper to buy and if they distribute the light evenly I think I am going to try them.
440+6

Oh. I have the old style. I think they were used until `72. Originally uses the 194 'bayonet' bulbs. They go into the black socket (photo) then the assembly is inserted into the dash from the back. Thanks though.

View attachment 88053

I'm almost positive that they make LEDs for this type.

Did you use all white? Or did you put colored bulbs in the warning lights, or turn signals?

Dash

I thought about the LED's when I re-did my dash. Instead I cleaned everything up and put all new bulbs and I am happy how it turned out........

Attachments

• dashedit.jpg
    dashedit.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,214
They do make a difference compared to original lights in the dash! Did you remove the filter caps or leave them in Bruzilla?

Bruzilla I would love to see how they look at night in your car.......thanks

They do make a difference compared to original lights in the dash! Did you remove the filter caps or leave them in Bruzilla?

I just pulled out the plugs, took the bulbs out and put the LEDs in, and it's just right.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Moparbill. I saw a mention of those in the instruction sheet I got, so I knew they made them.

You sure got them at a good price! There not really that hard to change if someone wanted to change the color once in awhile, it might be worth the effort. Not a suggestion, just an observation. i like mine to.

I don't know how they do it, but some of the the 2004+ Mustangs have LEDs that you can select the color of. You can make your gauges any color you like and change them on the fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Bruzilla I would love to see how they look at night in your car.......thanks

I'll try to take some. I just hate taking pics at night because they usually end up blurry. :(

"...I'll try to take some. I just hate taking pics at night because they usually end up blurry."

1st(!) Pull over, then hold still...:grin:

I don't know how they do it, but some of the the 2004+ Mustangs have LEDs that you can select the color of. You can make your gauges any color you like and change them on the fly.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to take some. I just hate taking pics at night because they usually end up blurry. :(

My wife's Merc can do that, i know there's red, blue, and green, not sure how many but cool feature in it for sure.

My pictures always blurry at night like that to, But i use a cheap just under 100 dollar camera i blame mine on, not the best but works good enough for most things.

Now that every gauge in my cluster works I ordered some
Should be in tommorow
Before picture:
67 Coronet
That was a NOS "PRND21"

After

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,035
Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard to get good pic's of led's at night because they mess with the camera functions. But being behind the dash might make it easier.

- - - Updated - - -

:hijacked: Sorry I really don't mean to hijack this thread :worry: but thought some of you might find this info on leds useful. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=211548

Auto Transport Service
Back