• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legitimate Street Car ET's

67 Coronet. 3978#, 500" lowdeck, 727, & 3.55's. 11.96 on street tires. With me driving to boot. (I'm not that good yet.)

Pic we need pics. I love pics ! :grin: Ron

cecilburnout.jpg

got away with out having to wear a helmet that I left in the trailer. got pulled aside on the next round to make sure I did have an approved helmet. The track guys have no sense of humor.

bretkep_pic.jpg

Now thats what I am talking about ! Two real nice Coronets. :yes: Ron

I have a 69 road runner with .030 over 440, It has 915 closed chamber heads with oversize valves installed. I'm running a Mopar 284/484 purple shaft

That's really really good for that cam...that's more than a full second faster then I've ever seen someone run in the 1/4 with the same stuff except the gear..they all ran less gear.

I forgot about my sons Dart. 72 Dart all steel stock body with frame connectors and a 6 point rollbar like in my car. It is a .030 over 400 (406) with the MP .557 cam and Eddy RPM heads. Performer RPM intake with a 750 DP. CPPA 2" headers and 3" exh. Has a 9.5 Dynamic converter with a reverse manual v/b. Uses 3.91's with 26 x 9.5 x 15 Hoosier QTP tires. Best et 11.45 @ 117.. Him and I make a great race. Usually who ever gets the lite wins when we race each other. Ron

100_0250.jpg

I forgot about my sons Dart. 72 Dart all steel stock body with frame connectors and a 6 point rollbar like in my car. It is a .030 over 400 (406) with the MP .557 cam and Eddy RPM heads. Performer RPM intake with a 750 DP. CPPA 2" headers and 3" exh. Has a 9.5 Dynamic converter with a reverse manual v/b. Uses 3.91's with 26 x 9.5 x 15 Hoosier QTP tires. Best et 11.45 @ 117.. Him and I make a great race. Usually who ever gets the lite wins when we race each other. Ron

100_0250.jpg

Ron,that's an awsome pic of you and your son:yes:And those 2 Coronet's are very cool for sure.:cool::wtg:

Black on Black 64 Polara! I can honestly say I have never saw one. I can visualize it......... Evil Lookin and Shivvy stompin/Phord rompin! It must have been beautiful!!!

I will eventually get my regular pc up and running again and get pics for you!!!
This is the only car that I have seen that was close to what I had.:reading: This car was for sale on the internet for a few years and was asking some crazy price!!! :no:

64 polara.JPG

That's really really good for that cam...that's more than a full second faster then I've ever seen someone run in the 1/4 with the same stuff except the gear..they all ran less gear.

Yes, I've been told that was above average for that cam but I have to believe everything is matched very well including the converter and gear. I must admit that I was nicely surprised first time out to the track. Mopar to you!!!

This is the only car that I have seen that was close to what I had.:reading: This car was for sale on the internet for a few years and was asking some crazy price!!! :no:

She's even more BEAUTIFUL than I had envisioned!!!

man what a sleeper, 67 Coronet dog dishes and a flat hood to boot. I love it. also lovin all the great pic's

I have also a 66 Coront with a 69 340 with eddy heads, airgap and 750 holley, had a lazy 318 before. im running a 3:23 or 3:55 i dont know. i hope a 3.91 or 4.11 improve my accleration very much?? i also read at mymopar.com that vehicle weight of the 66 coronet is 3215lbs unibody . Do you think thats right??
http://www.mymopar.com/vehicleweights.htm
What else except the engine must be done to get in the 12 sec area!!
Thanks
Alex

Yes, lower that gear as much as you can. I don't think that weight is right for that car. I will bet it is much closer to 3500 lbs. To make this car a 12 second machine with a small block I recommend at least 10 to 1 compression and some attention to the suspension including removal of front sway bar, adjustable 90/10 shocks on the front, subframe tied, and long drag shocks on the rear just to get started.
Again, I feel the improvement will be with gearing and good compression if you don't already have it. Best of Luck to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Mine weighs in at 3900lbs with me in the car, so it is 3650 roughly. that is with a 340, full interior, bench seat. I did not go with the 90/10 shocks in the front, not sure how that would effect my driving/ride on the street. I did go with a 3600lb super stock springs, bolt on frame rail connectors and running 3.91 gear 27" tire. ported "x" heads rpm air gap intake holley 850

HERES my 69.5 a12 pure stock superbee 11.96 with red line bias ply tires and stock exhaust.
115-1546_IMG.jpg

115-1536_IMG.jpg

115-1530_IMG.jpg

It looks as good as it runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Very Nice Mopar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back