• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legitimate Street Car ET's

I Know This Is B-Body Forum BUT My B-Body NEVER Was A Streetable Car.Super Stock Since New..
Here Is My 68 B-Fish 36K Original Miles(Had 30,170 When i Bought It From Original Owner In 95-6)340,.590 MP Cam,273 Crank,Push Rods,Adj Rockers,Rods(Lighter Than 340),M-1 Single Plane Gap Intake,984 CFM Holley(Started As A 4781 850)50 CC Front And Rear Pumps,50 CC Front And Rear Squirters,Jets Are Up And Down From 68-94,MSD Dist,727,Man Rev Cheetah V.Body,One Of My SS HEMI Torque Converters 38-4200 9" "J",8 3/4 742 4.88 Gear Spool Green Bearings,Wilwood Front Brake Assembly(Because Of Being Small Bolt Originally),Stock Big Bolt(4 1/2 x5) Rear Brakes(All New),/6 Front Torsion Bars,002,003 Super Stock Rear Springs,Hoosier Quick Time DOT Treaded Tires 275 60D 15 Rear On 7" Dragstars,Crappy Headers(Hooker Small Tube)Exhaust 3" In Out Flowmaster 2-Chamber And 45o Evit to 4 1/2" In Front Of Tires,EVERYTHING Works And Is In The Car Including The Stock Radio As Well As An Aftermarket With 12 Disc Player,Fold Down Rear Seat Is HEAVY Cast,Car Weighs 3440 Without Me(Im 280#)Launching At 3000-3200 With 12 1/2#'s Of Air In Tires It 60's At 1.58 And Runs The 1/8 At 7.26,And The 1/4 At 11.52.Shifting 1-2 and 2-3 At 7000RPM..

SSH

Halloween Classic 2009 8x10.jpg

Got down to 11.87 on Friday at PRP's Chrysler Classic, in bad air. Then four of us hopped in and drove home.

That is "Movin' On Mopar Style" my friend!!!

street ETs

This is a great thread BUT,this is the internet and times sure seem real fast-the old saying about talk being CHEAP.
Superstock racer-very nice superbee,but 11.96 purestock come on,?????
Just what kind of HP does that 440 make to run 11s on street tires??

69 Roadrunner 440, 906 iron heads, BG 775 Golden Claw carb, 727, 92 octane car, has run a best of 10.90 and runs 11.00's all day. Just upgraded to a Dana 60 and a trans brake so we'll see how that affects it this Saturday at the track. Going to try EFI and some nitrous next...

frtshot.jpg

Last edited:
It's really beautiful! Keep us posted!

Thanks, I certainly will. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures at the track Saturday. I am just hoping it runs the numbers it did before the Dana 60 upgrade. All the local experts say they always run quicker and faster with the Dana over the 8 3/4. With the trans brake the 8 3/4 wasn't an option as I broke 2 of them before the trans brake was installed...Hmmm, if I had only went with the Dana in the first place...

I've got all kinds of timeslips laying in front of me here and a video if I can get it off my buddy.

69 Roadrunner 440, 906 iron heads, BG 775 Golden Claw carb, 727, 92 octane car, has run a best of 10.90 and runs 11.00's all day. Just upgraded to a Dana 60 and a trans brake so we'll see how that affects it this Saturday at the track. Going to try EFI and some nitrous next...

frtshot.jpg

Now we need to hear the rest of that cool Runner's build. We know it has more then a 906 headed 440 to run 10.90's. :grin: I would love to hear how you did it. :yes: Ron

Now we need to hear the rest of that cool Runner's build. We know it has more then a 906 headed 440 to run 10.90's. :grin: I would love to hear how you did it. :yes: Ron

Under the hood it looks like headers and a 4 barrel...It is light, 3390# with me in it(glass bumpers and aluminum brackets saved huge weight, deleted the HVAC and wipers as it's a nice day only car, and removed a bunch of undercoating), lots of porting and big valves (310+ cfm on the intake), a very special custom solid cam grind, full roller bearing 727, stock wheel wells and 30x10.5 Hoosier radials (awesome tire!), engine made 541 hp at 6250 on 92 octane, 10.8:1 comp, M1 intake, still had 1.5" hg manifold vac at peak hp on the dyno so I switched to a dominator carb and lost hp which would lead me to believe that the engine is out running the intake manifold. There is more in it, the cam isn't too radical (.590/.609), could add compression and go to race fuel, could upgrade intake. Knowing that the intake was a bit limiting, I built a sheet metal pan to seal up to the 6 pack hood scoop for some high end ram air and it got me an easy .20 on the ET. When I go to the EFI system, I may upgrade the intake as well..I'd like to pull .30 more out of the ET and make it a solid mid to high 10 second car. The EFI will also make it much more street drivable although it's not bad as it is.

I do get a lot of comments at the track as folks can't believe how quick it is judging the book by its cover so to speak. It breezes right through tech as I think they look at it like it's a 12 sec car with lots of safety equipment. Fine with me....

Hey Lazermule where do run at,-BIR?,those times are indeed pretty fast!!!

I run at Rock Falls and BIR. I live 2 hrs from either one. Both real nice tracks, Rock Falls is a little faster track, but both nice. The car has never run a 10.90 at BIR, I believe an 11.20 was the best there..must be uphill...LOL

car ETs

familar with both tracks,elevation at BIR AS YOU probably konw is the problem for slower times there,
I 'm originaly from St Paul,you must be from around there somewhere?

familar with both tracks,elevation at BIR AS YOU probably konw is the problem for slower times there,
I 'm originaly from St Paul,you must be from around there somewhere?

Yes, I'm in the N. Metro up by Forest Lake. Just happy to have a couple of tracks relatively close by. We almost had a 3rd track up by Pine City, but the locals didn't want it. The investor then purchased BIR and has done some real nice things with it and appears to cater to a whole mix of auto enthusiasts.

This is a great thread BUT,this is the internet and times sure seem real fast-the old saying about talk being CHEAP.
Superstock racer-very nice superbee,but 11.96 purestock come on,?????
Just what kind of HP does that 440 make to run 11s on street tires??

If you have been around racing for any length of time you will know that "its not cheating unless you get caught."

Just blueprinting the engine to stock class specs makes a HUGH difference from the way they actually came from the factory.

There are a lot of tricks to making cars run for a specific class. The pure stock class is a lot tougher with its limitations but the biggest problems when running on stock tires is learning how to soft launch for the best E.T.

Under the hood it looks like headers and a 4 barrel...It is light, 3390# with me in it(glass bumpers and aluminum brackets saved huge weight, deleted the HVAC and wipers as it's a nice day only car, and removed a bunch of undercoating), lots of porting and big valves (310+ cfm on the intake), a very special custom solid cam grind, full roller bearing 727, stock wheel wells and 30x10.5 Hoosier radials (awesome tire!), engine made 541 hp at 6250 on 92 octane, 10.8:1 comp, M1 intake, still had 1.5" hg manifold vac at peak hp on the dyno so I switched to a dominator carb and lost hp which would lead me to believe that the engine is out running the intake manifold. There is more in it, the cam isn't too radical (.590/.609), could add compression and go to race fuel, could upgrade intake. Knowing that the intake was a bit limiting, I built a sheet metal pan to seal up to the 6 pack hood scoop for some high end ram air and it got me an easy .20 on the ET. When I go to the EFI system, I may upgrade the intake as well..I'd like to pull .30 more out of the ET and make it a solid mid to high 10 second car. The EFI will also make it much more street drivable although it's not bad as it is.

I do get a lot of comments at the track as folks can't believe how quick it is judging the book by its cover so to speak. It breezes right through tech as I think they look at it like it's a 12 sec car with lots of safety equipment. Fine with me....

Thats a very nice setup. And it runs razor sharp ! :yes: Thanks for filling us in on the cars info. And it runs as sharp as it looks. :) Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back