• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s talk some about radiators

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
So I’m looking at a 22” aluminum 2 row with 1 1/8” wide tubes that has the factory look stamped upper and lower tanks. The opening in my 69’ bee is for 22” and I need to cool a
496 stroker hemi and plan to run the “216” fan and “070” clutch and a shroud. Does this seem like a good choice for a radiator?

Last edited:
So I’m looking at a 22” aluminum 2 row with 1 1/8” wide rows that has the factory look stamped upper and lower tanks. The opening in my 69’ bee is for 22” and I need to cool a
496 stroker hemi and plan to run the “216” fan and “070” clutch and a shroud. Does this seem like a good choice for a radiator?
Got a link? I got one off ebay which sounds similar to what you're looking it except in 26"....I'm very happy with it...fitment was perfect and stick shroud bolted right up too...
My car was factory 22" radiator, I opened it up on the pass side to fit the 26"

Got a link? I got one off ebay which sounds similar to what you're looking it except in 26"....I'm very happy with it...fitment was perfect and stick shroud bolted right up too...
My car was factory 22" radiator, I opened it up on the pass side to fit the 26"

Yes that’s the one I’m sure. I don’t want to hack my radiator opening so the need for a adequate
22”. I’ll post the link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303419327552

Yes that’s the one I’m sure. I don’t want to hack my radiator opening so the need for a adequate
22”. I’ll post the link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303419327552
That's who I got mine from, but in black...they are thicker and i had to change the fan clutch to the shortest one hayden has... it's a small amount of cutting to make that opening match the factory 26" hole...for me having the bigger radiator was worth it. And unless you're really looking for it nobody will know it was done.

thanks for the replies I have the original radiator for the car I just don’t think it’s up to the task. I wanna do this one time and be done with it and don’t like the flat square radiators that look completely out of place.
If there’s other factory looking radiators out there that will do the job I would consider one of those as well.

well I’ve gone and done it now! looks like I
made an illegal selection:lol: on cold cases website.
38D5E4EA-9411-4F6C-BCBC-E0982899B379.png

Cold case radiators QC is suspect. I have had a couple now with the brackets welded on crooked.

Here's a chart from mopar for radiator, water pump, pulley size based on engine size, transmission, a/c etc... a modern 2 row quality aluminum should work just fine depending on how hot your summers get and engine mods. Definitely a 7 blade fan w fan clutch and shroud.

Screenshot_20220420-134246_Chrome.jpg

The Cold Case in my Charger along with the 528 Hemi and A/c work perfect. It did not fit the bottom slots. They were just off a little bit. I also can not say it was 100 percent the radiator as my core support was 22 inch and I put in the 26 inch panel and I could of been off the little that I had to trim on the radiator. I also have the Cold Case dual fan and shroud. Car does not overheat and that was my concern.

Last edited:
A few years ago, after I impaled a perfectly good FACTORY radiator, I replaced it with a garbage Champion, then a Wizard which I've been pleasantly surprised with the fit (exact) and the performance with a clutch and shroud.

I think so. Do the outlets work for you?
That series of radiator has a "stock-like" look to them and the stock mounting points are all there typically.
(I got their 26" one and did the "whack-a-support" method, recall).

I think so. Do the outlets work for you?
That series of radiator has a "stock-like" look to them and the stock mounting points are all there typically.
(I got their 26" one and did the "whack-a-support" method, recall).

yea the outlets are exactly like the original radiator unfortunately looks like it’s a long wait for one right now:mob: maybe middle of June.

yea the outlets are exactly like the original radiator unfortunately looks like it’s a long wait for one right now:mob: maybe middle of June.
Good grief. Enough with all this "kungflu delay" nonsense!

I have a 22” max cooling style rad from Glen-Ray in my 65. It is a quality rad. Also have a shroud and 7 blade fan.
But won’t be as cheap as an eBay item.

A644817E-9FBA-4A52-8D3B-98C82992EE71.jpeg

So I’m looking at a 22” aluminum 2 row with 1 1/8” wide tubes that has the factory look stamped upper and lower tanks. The opening in my 69’ bee is for 22” and I need to cool a

sounds OK to me. Let us know how it works out.

Auto Transport Service
Back