• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Some Meat!!

Been awhile since mixing up some mac and cheese and will have to try some bacon next time. Usually, everything that will fit into the pot goes in it.....

KIMG0494.JPG

Did this guy in oven all day long

I bought a Pit Barrel Smoker about 3 years ago and my life has been much better since. Company was started by a veteran and it takes almost all the guesswork out of smoking.
We’ve done (2) 14 pound stuffed turkeys, duck, chickens, ribs, but my favorite is something we just did yesterday. My wife makes a stuffed meatloaf with mushrooms and cheese, rolled up. Then wraps it in bacon.
Bacon wrapped smoked stuffed meatloaf.......Holy Shite!!

I also get pork bellies from the Winn Dixie and smoke my own bacon. It’s not brined so it’s way less salty and way less fat. Sometimes I’ve had to add a bit of oil to the pan when I fry it.

E0746F91-A8D0-4392-9396-3EFA03CA89DF.jpeg F57751AB-75E3-485E-B95E-A8491C2C4309.jpeg

Baby backs and baked beans going on the Boss at noon. I should buy a lottery ticket. It's my lucky day. The silver skin came off in one piece.

ribs2.jpg ribs3.jpg ribs4.jpg

Smoked babybacks yesterday. Along with the Mac and cheese bacon deal.
Ribs never made it to the picture stage LOL.
Today it's kielbasa, hot dogs and sirloin burgers.
Pics in a few hours

I got a propane oven in my shed (for hurricane use) it's a little guy for an rv or an apartment it will get the job done !
I pull it out on holidays too for the extra cook load !

I hate using the oven in the house in FL that extra heat is bad

I got a propane oven in my shed (for hurricane use) it's a little guy for an rv or an apartment it will get the job done !
I pull it out on holidays too for the extra cook load !

I hate using the oven in the house in FL that extra heat is bad
I'm fairly close to the coast here and thinking that the climate here is pretty much the same as yours! And looks like another mid 90 degree day today.....

Smoke on! (just warming up)

ribs6.jpg

You be waistin da smoke.
You run it on smoke setting until there is a fire in the fire box. During the warm up the pellets are just smoldering. Giving off creosote. That gives the meat off flavor.

And another favorite of mine. Braised short ribs. I stole the recipe from Gordon Ramsey. They melt in your mouth.

20200616_145001.jpg

I just put on some smoked pretzels. I get spice powder in small bags, mix it with 1 cup of corn oil and stir in the pretzels. 2 hours on the smoker and yum.

20200907_144555.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back