• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Listen to your body, my wife did 2 weeks ago & just got home today.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
Guys or gals when you feel something is not right with your body / health please get checked out. My better half is 63 and seemed fit as a fiddle, 125lbs, works hard, allways on the go.
she began to feel sort of breath the past month doing things that normally did not bother her.
No other symptoms , no pain , nothing.
She went to our family Dr. he did a good exam and found her heart to be not beating regular and the refered her to a cardio Dr. in Des Moines.
The cardio docs office gals called & left a message and said we can get you in in 2 weeks.
My wife drove herself { not wanting to worry me } to Des Moines walked in their office and told them she needed to be seen sooner, she felt something was really wrong.
She must have made a impression as she was seen that day, they tried a stress test the following day { I took her to that one } She failed the test so bad they admitted her to Mercy Hospital in Des Moines, next morning she had a angiogram test. she had to lay in the hospital for a week before surgery
4 blocked arteries 2 at 100% 1 at 95% 1 at 80% plus a leaking mitral valve .
The 100% blockages had grown for lack of a better term { roots around the blockages }
That was what had kept her alive, I was told that aprox 40 to 50% of people will have that happen if the blockage is slow in building. I brought her home today, I thank God & the docs she is alive.

Yep, thank God. Good deal. We have the best medical expertise on the planet right here in the USA.

12 years ago my wife listened to her body and got a helicopter ride out of it. She didn't feel right, and Docs did all kinds of tests, and found nothing. He said if it continued, to go to the ER. It did, and she did. They did a heart cath the next morning, and found the main artery to her heart 99.9% blocked. They did a triple bypass.

Thank god she followed up as fast as she did. Something extra to celebrate about tomorrow buddy!

Guys or gals when you feel something is not right with your body / health please get checked out. My better half is 63 and seemed fit as a fiddle, 125lbs, works hard, allways on the go.
she began to feel sort of breath the past month doing things that normally did not bother her.
No other symptoms , no pain , nothing.
She went to our family Dr. he did a good exam and found her heart to be not beating regular and the refered her to a cardio Dr. in Des Moines.
The cardio docs office gals called & left a message and said we can get you in in 2 weeks.
My wife drove herself { not wanting to worry me } to Des Moines walked in their office and told them she needed to be seen sooner, she felt something was really wrong.
She must have made a impression as she was seen that day, they tried a stress test the following day { I took her to that one } She failed the test so bad they admitted her to Mercy Hospital in Des Moines, next morning she had a angiogram test. she had to lay in the hospital for a week before surgery
4 blocked arteries 2 at 100% 1 at 95% 1 at 80% plus a leaking mitral valve .
The 100% blockages had grown for lack of a better term { roots around the blockages }
That was what had kept her alive, I was told that aprox 40 to 50% of people will have that happen if the blockage is slow in building. I brought her home today, I thank God & the docs she is alive.

The first symptom of cardiovascular disease is denial.

Just went through similar myself 3 weeks ago. Glad it all works out for her ( and you Brother). I was lucky enough to get by with a stent though. Amazing what the heart can do for itself.

It is strange to think that we can function with severe blockages of this amount before they affect us. I do construction work 5 days a week and am curious if my elevated level of activity provides me with a higher level of early warning. I've had normal blood pressure readings all of my life, normal cholesterol and no drugs, smokes or booze.

Heart disease is the biggest killer of women too - not just men. Women just listen better than men. Men deny - women get checked. Simply put - women live longer than men.

Glad to hear that she's ok and thank goodness that it was caught just in time. Because many of us are in that age bracket where this occurs, we hear about this more often and it is very concerning, You would think that there would be a test to see how bad your arteries are getting clogged before it get to the point where you can suddenly die because of a blockage.

That's awesome she figured it out and stood up for herself by going early! Glad all is ok!
I've got the same type of issue going on too. The wife is waiting 17 more days to get in!

It is strange to think that we can function with severe blockages of this amount before they affect us. I do construction work 5 days a week and am curious if my elevated level of activity provides me with a higher level of early warning. I've had normal blood pressure readings all of my life, normal cholesterol and no drugs, smokes or booze.

This was me Greg! The only exception is that I did smoke many years ago but I never was a heavy smoker, never even as much as a pack a day. I quit that habit 30 years ago except for an occasional cigar.

Glad to hear things have gone well. Hopefully you will both be around for long while more.

My episode took place in 2010. I had experiencing fatigue and shortness of breath. I figured it was me being a little out of shape. Anyway went to Springfling that spring. While walking the I had to take numerous breaks in that I found myself fatigued and short of breath. I continued on. I got home and called my primary doc and he called the local heart center and got me in that afternoon. After an initial examp they took me straight in for a stress test. Since I have bad knees they did the chemical test. About halfway through the test they stopped. The cardiologist immediately call the hospital and got me in for an angiogram.

I went to the hospital, checked in and they wished me up to the cath lab. I was taken in and they started the procedure. About halfway through the procedure the doctor stopped and went over and made a call. When he was finished he came back and told me he had talked with my caridiologist and shared that one of my arteries was 95% blocked with two others with blockage around 60%. He gave me three choices one of which was bypass and the other a stent. I went with the stent.

Six months later I had an episode while at FallFling. That's another story.

Glad she is OK and thanks for reminder. It's easy to shrug little stuff off but we only get one shot at this little thing called life...have to take care of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back