• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long over Due

426HemiCharger

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Well I've actually been on here a long time. I did not take the time to do this and make a newbie thread for myself. For a certain bunch of people I do this for you. If you find your way on here great.

Well....

I remember watching an episode of a show I didn't know the name to and I remember an orange car that would play dixie. I kinda liked the show. Then I watched it every night on CMT when it was still around. I found out it was the Dukes of Hazzard. I wanted a bright orange '69 Charger with an "01" on the door and a rebel flag on the roof since then.

I eventually lost interest in the "orange clunker car" Bo and Luke flew around in. I was then interested in Mustangs and Pontiacs and Olds and God knows what else. I could never drive these cars so my skills at drawing them waxed. As I would draw and draw day in day out the only lines that seemed to catch my eye were those of the Charger.

I drew Chargers and Mopars from then on and I would research and investigate. I looked at them on the internet when they were for sale. I would always tell myself that I would have one one day. Things were like that for a couple years.

I then got interested in Olds and chevies. The problem was none of the engines had powerful names and I got tired of looking at nothing but gloss black. So I wanted an Olds 4-4-2. Amazing!!! one was for sale at the local garage. Only $8700. I looked around, a survivor with a column shift, bench seat. Needed paint, engine work, body and upholstery. So it would have turned into a full resto eventually.

That was the thing, if I was to restore something then I wanted to do it with something I truely have a passion for. So in enters Hans Luedtke at HLPAG. I looked at an F6 69 Charger on his lot. $19,999 for a rotten broken street racer.

A year later in September my parents aided me in my pursuit of happiness and (unknownst to me) had bought it. I was overhelmed with joy at the sight of a POS green monster. The whole thing was there twisted bumper to mismatched and cracked taillamps.

That very same weekend I took the plunge into the world of restoration and pulled the carb off. That lead to the intake, then the lifters then so on and so on.... I cleaned the inside and pretended to drive it. When a spider came out of the headliner I made it final that the car would get restored.

Well the car is currently being restored by Jet Townsend, owner of www.69hemi.com and myself. We are working on the body and will set up the proof of concept in late February.

Yeah thanks. Sorry for the way I acted before I need to control myself better. I'd like to start over.

Well I'm about 75% dome with body work. She needs to be painted and reassembled.

Welcome and why not start a restoration thread? I'm sure we would like to see it.

Well I'm about 75% dome with body work. She needs to be painted and reassembled.

The body work is my least favorite part of restoration,.....but when it's all done and it's re-assemble time it will be a BLAST,... You will find your self wrenching on it every single minute you can find. ....be sure to post some pictures if you would like to.....I personally would like to see it.

Don't worry I would love to post pics. Currently I need a wheelhouse and AMD is retooling because of poor fitment. Goodmark's got'em.

Auto Transport Service
Back