• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lookie what $5000 buys you....

AMCs on the other hand.........I have yet to see a rotted one.... I busted into my Rebel (car, not dog)

20200511_230830.jpg

???
Better anti-rust coatings or better drainage?

Hey...All that I have ever owned is California cars and even they get rust. I've sleeved countless A-body spare tire wells with sections cut from junkers in the wrecking yard.
This is my second Charger. The red one, (Ginger) was rusty in the same area but not nearly as bad as this one.

You are right. I would probably shake my head in disbelief at what you rust belt guys deal with.

every northeast B body get 1/4s, drops, outer wheelhouses, full trunk, full floor, dutchman, tail panel repair, inner wheelhouse repair, door skins, door frame repair, fender repair, hoods and trunk lids are crusty........

the rails, rockers and cowls hold up a little better....... lol

my amc above, needs patches in the lower door corners......... thats it

lol, Mopars are pretty much junk

I have heard for awhile that the metal suppliers were responsible for a LOT of cars being saved as opposed to them being new Toyotas !

Yesterday I was at the Summit store in Nevada. I saw that they had a Trick Flow 240 head on display. The ports looked like works of art, just beautiful. I was surprised to see that the exhaust ports didn't look that big, maybe only slightly larger than the ported head below.
Porting 2 R.jpg
Porting 2 S.jpg

I checked the '346 head with a tape measure...My Hazard Fraught calipers were out in the shop.
I showed a measurement of approx. 15/16". That is .9375. I doubt that these had been milled .0625. These Stanley tape measures are great for wood framing but not so accurate for machine work!

I know it will be awhile before you shoot color, but what colors are you considering? B5 like mine?, or one of the new colors like hydro blue or octane red?, or something else?

I went back and forth at first.
Of course, I did consider the original color, FK5. No offense to those with cars of that color but to me, it just lacks the P O P that I want.
I considered 2011 Toxic Orange. It is a great color.
I thought about black with a red stripe, essentially the opposite colors of the red car, Ginger.
I recalled how about 4 years ago, I briefly considered taking Ginger apart to change from red to B-5 blue.
This is a color that I have liked for quite some time. The Wife and I bought a 2015 Challenger in the color. The new car has a but more chunky metallic to it compared to the original. I absolutely love the new version.
I am strongly leaning toward keeping it ratty for awhile. I want to have it running and reliable so if we decide to pack up and move out of state, the car will be easy to transport. I currently have 9 of my own cars here, the Wife has 2 and my brother in law has a car up the hill. Some of mine will be sold before the move. I prefer to have the cars all operational so transporting them will be easier and cheaper.
Ultimately, I do think that I will go with the modern B-5 formula. Of course, it will have the black BB stripe.

The Coronet is Toxic Orange. Maria picked it out but I'm happy with it. And it's a Mopar color.

This trunk floor isn't the worst that I have seen but it is not good.
AMD 7.jpg

The brace across the middle is still good so it stays.
Before any cutting, I took measurements for the spare tire brackets.
Trunk 10.jpg
Trunk 11.jpg

16 inches between the left wheel tub and the edge of the bracket.

At first I didn't know what these brackets up on the axle hump were. I posted about it and was told that they are to support the spare tire.

AMD 8.jpg
AMD 9.jpg
AMD 10.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back