• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a Colt Challenger .22LR I kinda like it.

Yep, you could hand feed a short and fire.
Just don't know what end of the bullet coming out 1st.
I believe any rimfire that takes a LR will have the same size chamber. The ones that say they will shoot the shorter rounds would have a special feed mechanism that allows it.

I believe any rimfire that takes a LR will have the same size chamber. The ones that say they will shoot the shorter rounds would have a special feed mechanism that allows it.
Yep sure will, I was just goofing around with cranky :lol:

Here you go,a Colt Challenger!

1280px-1982_Dodge_Challenger_(all_original).jpg

I have the Browning Buckmark and the Ruger Mark 2. No problems with either but I don't shoot shorts. Any brand-name pistol for $150 sounds like a good deal. The looks of a pistol matter quite a bit to me and I like both.

Seeing prices all over the place from just over 200 to a bit over 400. I'm thinking the 400 group is for one that's like new. This one isn't bad looking but can tell it's been around. The plastic grip is chipped at the bottom but other than that, things look to be ok. Haven't fired it yet though but will before buying it to make sure it fires. Thinking about offering 150 for it....also, can ya shoot .22 shorts in this or will there not be enough pressure to chamber the next round? Load one at a time?? :D

View attachment 1531714

View attachment 1531715

View attachment 1531716
Had the exact same gun (new).
Shorts would kick it back
occasionally but was not consistent.
I did fire shorts thru mine, but loaded
directly as a single shot. That's all a
rat needs to die.

Well, I got it not too long ago.....and it shot the short (single loaded) just fine but it's too loud to be shooting it out back with those. The bolt action is quieter with them of course. Can never find the CB caps but will try again tomorrow. Carter's Country had them last time (several years ago) but they sell out fast.

Have fun with the new gun...

shorts shouldn't be all that loud,
guess if people live within 300 ft of you
or where you're shooting
you could get in some trouble, even if you are being safe

people today are really weird now,
even out in the country or perceived country

Had an actual “U.S. Property” WWII 1911 and a stainless Python. Sold both and have regretted it ever since.
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is selling old 1911's so you can always get another US Property marked Colt. I did.
20230320_092025.jpg

I bought a Colt Challenger off the estate of a friend who died several years ago. I actually just took it to the range to shoot for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I don’t know what my problem is but I can’t seem to shoot close groups with my bull barrel Ruger MK II and the Challenger wasn’t much better. But pick up a 357 or 44 (with slightly reduced handloads) or even an 45 auto and I do fairly well for 72 years old. Not sure what my problem is with 22 autos? I would really like to have a Woodsman Or a S&W K22 Targetmaster

I bought a Colt Challenger off the estate of a friend who died several years ago. I actually just took it to the range to shoot for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I don’t know what my problem is but I can’t seem to shoot close groups with my bull barrel Ruger MK II and the Challenger wasn’t much better. But pick up a 357 or 44 (with slightly reduced handloads) or even an 45 auto and I do fairly well for 72 years old. Not sure what my problem is with 22 autos? I would really like to have a Woodsman Or a S&W K22 Targetmaster
I have found that some .22 handguns just don’t shoot well, and some are ammo sensitive. Also, a lot of .22 ammo just isn’t that good. Takes some experimenting.

Both those pistols should be capable of good accuracy, if they’re in good condition.

A lot of times a poor trigger pull is the biggest obstacle, and neither of those are likely to have a good one.

Auto Transport Service
Back