• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for suggestions as to what hoses would work with aftermarket aluminum rad

Lbone

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a new rad for my 67 charger and put it in place yesterday wondering if any one may have replaced a rad with a far right upper neck versus the factory almost centered one and what hose worked for them?

I'm assuming I'm going to have to use a (shudder) flex hose for the bottom since the lower neck is about 2" higher up and the factory molded hose is not working out at all.

Go to your local "old-school" parts store, and have them let you bring hoses to see what'll work. Correct diameters and lengths/bends written down, and you can grab a few that are close. I'll never have a flex hose on my cars. It took me 2 days of trying hoses on each of my car builds that had aftermarket rads, electric pumps, etc.

I bought a new radiator from champion and it bolted right up and used the same hoses. My upper hose is on the left (pass side) and the lower is on the driver side. If that is what you have ask to see hoses for a 67 coronet 440 cid. Hope that helps.

For my 22" radiator with far right (top) inlet: 20355 GATES
Driver's side (bottom) outlet: 20957 GATES
Any NAPA store should have these. Hopefully I saved you some time...

Attachments

• DSCN3267.jpg
    DSCN3267.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back