• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks what's back!

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I don't know about most of you but I love the Cartoons magazines and pretty much all of the hot rod related comic books and magazines. i have tons of them including the first issue of Hot Rod Comics from the 50s. I was walking through Walmart the other day and I just happen to see Cartoons Magazine is back in production. Love it. I guess it just started backup last year so now I've been hunting down back issues. These guys really love their Mopars.

cartoons2.jpg

Hmmm, I bought issue #2 at the news stand last year.

I'm a huge fan but never noticed it was back until last month. I still buy the old ones when I see them.

I was bigtime into that in the early 70's!

Grew up on that mag. Learned how to draw from it. Although the only thing I can draw halfway decent are cars...

Was reading it in the sixties, if this is that same one. One comment I call from the publication was one rodder to a POed friend. "Hey don't race yer flywheel."

This is the first Hot Rod related comic from 1952. Fawcett publication. The same company that introduced Captain Marvel (Shazam).

230154.jpg whiz2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back