• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your favorite 50-year-old car?

Screenshot_20230802_142004_Chrome.jpg

My Dad bought a brand new 4 door Monaco Brougham that was loaded. I loved the wheels, hideaway headlights and especially the rim blow steering wheel. You rarely ever see these cars anymore, but boy were they sharp!

1691001164251.jpeg

My 1st car I bought was a 73, this is not the one I had in high school, but like it. I bought this one about 15 years agoIMAG0230.jpg

As a 7 yo kid, I remember the when the 1973 cars came out being so disappointed in the look of them. The federally mandated front bumpers ruined most cars. Mopars faired a little better but… yuck!
Fords were the worst. I would kneel or stand on the front porch working on their engine compartments. Some cars, as the beauty in this thread, fared very well.

I like my ‘73. Finishing the refresh on it is next after I wrap up the work on the Satellite.

54724F8A-6151-492C-BF0D-C4A8920BD928.jpeg

My Dad bought a brand new 4 door Monaco Brougham that was loaded. I loved the wheels, hideaway headlights and especially the rim blow steering wheel. You rarely ever see these cars anymore, but boy were they sharp!

View attachment 1503697
A car you could drive coast-to-coast, and only need one car-length to do so.

Auto Transport Service
Back