• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Losing parts....am I the only one!!?

I worked on a car at a bodyshop back in the early seventies, and lost a double opened end wrench.
Same car came in two years later. Found the wrench next to the battery right where I left it! WTF!
So, being old isn't the ONLY reason.

My wife brought home a cake for my kids birthday. I heard put it in the garage fridge.. So I put it in the garage fridge. 2 days later I go to get it out for the birthday party.. I said Honey is this cake supposed to jiggle? She said No its an icecream cake.. Needless to say a fast trip to the store to get another.. Apparently fridge and freezer dont sound alike.. She swears she said freezer.
Oh man, that's so freakin funny! There's been so many times where my now X told me to do something like that then said "I never said that" crap LOL

Had some drunk deadbeat flush my radiator last summer. Still have his snap-on screw driver he dropped into the fan shroud.

I know all about this, I loose everything and usually don't find it until I've long given up on it.

My dad on the other hand does pretty good that is until his young coworkers decided to start hiding things while he was using the bathroom, he finally caught them after thinking he was loosing his mind and threatened to beat them to death with a monkey wrench lol... doesn't have a sense of humor.

I know all about this, I loose everything and usually don't find it until I've long given up on it.

My dad on the other hand does pretty good that is until his young coworkers decided to start hiding things while he was using the bathroom, he finally caught them after thinking he was loosing his mind and threatened to beat them to death with a monkey wrench lol... doesn't have a sense of humor.
Been there done that. Hid a guys tool box at the very other end of the shop and that was like 800 feet away LOL. Took him awhile to find it

Me too, Cranky!

Oh....thought you meant body parts.... :lol:

Age, age. I never used to have a problem with this ****. The older I get, the more it occurs.
Not so much with parts but with tools. Happens constantly these days. Running laps around the shop looking for **** is some of the best exercise I get.

your not alone happens all the time loose it find when I m looking for something else they say your getting older right :rofl:

I blame the better-half even when she’s not close by. 1/2 the time it ends up being her fault!

Why is it I can find it years later and still know exactly what the part fits. I have way to much stuff setting in pieces on count of this.

Or your brother walks into the barn and grabs your 15mm. I was looking for it for about an hour tonight. Then my brother walks in with it! Literally grew legs and walked away lol!

Makes me crazy too and do the same thing.....90% of the time at least but in this case, stats don't matter! When I was married, she was bad about laying her stuff on top of mine until I quit putting stuff down where she could cover it up with something of hers. Here lately things have been being moved around a lot since I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff....

Don't feel too bad...

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/lost-4-wheeler.170824/#post-911227777

The worst thing is when you do finally find it. Sometimes you just have to laugh, sometimes it makes you feel like a fool.

I've lost my mind. So, losing parts or anything else for that matter, falls into that one category.

Been there, done that. I have to quit looking for it to find it.

What did I come here to do ?

damn sometimers :poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back