• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS swap ?

I have a 5.2 Magnum out in my shed. You can have it if you come get it. I know nothing about it. It was at my neighbors house when he moved out. I got it rather than let it go to scrap from the new owner. Perhaps its something to build a decent little stroker motor out of. And it bolts right up to a 904.

Food for thought on this Magnum engine.
[/URL][/URL][/URL]
You know that actually be a possibility, as my sister is in Acworth. So I can go visit her and grab the motor. It wouldn't be any time soon though. I have a ton of balls in the air ATM as you can imagine with everything going on.

Also thank you to the person who told me about the email notifications I owe you a beer lol.

Anyway if any one is interested this is the article I found on building up the 318 it's an old motor trend article from 07

318 Engine Build - A Parts Book 400HP 318 - Mopar Muscle Magazine

You know that actually be a possibility, as my sister is in Acworth. So I can go visit her and grab the motor. It wouldn't be any time soon though. I have a ton of balls in the air ATM as you can imagine with everything going on.

Also thank you to the person who told me about the email notifications I owe you a beer lol.

Anyway if any one is interested this is the article I found on building up the 318 it's an old motor trend article from 07

318 Engine Build - A Parts Book 400HP 318 - Mopar Muscle Magazine
Im about 20 minutes from Acworth

We can definitely probably work something out if nothing else hit me up on social media always good to have friends near by
The old 5.2 will more than likely need to be torn down and inspected. It does have those lead things on the head so that they can tell if it was over heated. So I guess its possible the heads are atleast rebuilt at some point.

I'm going to do more research into the car and what to do, so far from what I've been reading is that the 318 worked over can make about 400whp there was a motor trend article back from 07
do you mean wheel hp or what are tou trying to say.
400 crank horse on a 318 is great
400 wheel hp with a 318 means turbo or nitrous.

The old 5.2 will more than likely need to be torn down and inspected. It does have those lead things on the head so that they can tell if it was over heated. So I guess its possible the heads are atleast rebuilt at some point.
I'd tear it down anyway. Always better to just rebuild it spend the $$ and get it out of the way as they say buy once cry once

do you mean wheel hp or what are tou trying to say.
400 crank horse on a 318 is great
400 wheel hp with a 318 means turbo or nitrous.
Ya it's crank HP, didn't realize that till I re read the article and saw they used a bench Dyno.

Check your fender tag and see if it has the "A36" Performance Axle Package which was an available option for road runners only.

If you start with the 318, my bet you'll eventually want more torque and end up with a big block. Only if I was a betting man!

images-3.jpeg

If you start with the 318, my bet you'll eventually want more torque and end up with a big block. Only if I was a betting man!
The 360 produces decent torque since it's a longer stroke and is an easy transplant since it's the same design as the teen.....and 42 more cubes ain't too bad of a transplant.

*runs and hides till the pitch forks and torches go away*

Ok so now that that's over with, anyone ever LS swap a 73 RR and or do a 460LE tranny swap? Do they make a kit for it and or a plug in play wiring harness? Since I wanna modernize my RR I figured LS 4060LE, rear end swap to get rid of leaf springs and go full coil overs and go efi instead of carb, and a LS is a heck of allot cheaper and easier to build than a 318/340/360/5.7 hemi swap
Just go get some gm junkbox and LS it. Hey, how about a 5.0 coyote for absurdity.

Jesus Christ dude....

View attachment 1497969

People have taken time to help guide you with your questions about the car but it appears that it has been a waste of time.
It appears that you are either ignorant beyond belief or simply trying to troll people.
No real Mopar guy would dare stuff a Chevy engine in their car. Some fair weather Mopar guys do switch to the inferior coil over front ends to save weight for drag racing but you show interests of ditching traditional Mopar engineering just to save a buck.
Here is an idea...EARN MORE MONEY, then build your car the right way. If you're pulling in $450 a week after taxes, this car hobby isn't for you right now. I am not rich by any means but I stayed true to Chevy when I owned Camaros and now I'm true to Mopar now that I switched sides.
This isn't Cuba where you have to scrounge for everything. Parts to build a stock based Mopar engine are not hard to find if you have your eyes open.
A three dollar BJ behind a dumpster is CHEAP too but it isn't worth bragging about either.
outstanding show :lol:

and I am NOT a TV guy
Me neither, Raising Hope was good too.

Auto Transport Service
Back