• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS swap ?

ed-shot500

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
*runs and hides till the pitch forks and torches go away*

Ok so now that that's over with, anyone ever LS swap a 73 RR and or do a 460LE tranny swap? Do they make a kit for it and or a plug in play wiring harness? Since I wanna modernize my RR I figured LS 4060LE, rear end swap to get rid of leaf springs and go full coil overs and go efi instead of carb, and a LS is a heck of allot cheaper and easier to build than a 318/340/360/5.7 hemi swap

I’m all for it but it’s not easy at all from what I’ve seen. If they make a set of motor mounts and a crossmember kit that bolts up I’ll be the first to do it but I can’t cut up a car like some have to get the ls in there

There’s a guy who finished an ls swap on a cuda here’s the link ! It’s an awesome read

73 Cuda LS Swap - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

He did a great job and documented most of the build so you actually have first hand knowledge.

Becareful because alot of the so called purists/archeologists/barret jackson experts that sold their hemi cudas and superbirds for 500 dollars back in the day to get a dodge caravan first gen and now own four door Aries k car or c body car are gonna be pissed !! Be ready for that lol

Last edited:
Cheapest and easiest way would be to sell the RR to someone who can appreciate it for what it is and buy a Chevelle or Camaro for your upgrade.

It would be far cheaper to walk away and buy a GM product. Others say purists will cry, we don’t cry we just know what makes them unique and appreciate it. We won’t be crying just wondering why?

*runs and hides till the pitch forks and torches go away*

Ok so now that that's over with, anyone ever LS swap a 73 RR and or do a 460LE tranny swap? Do they make a kit for it and or a plug in play wiring harness? Since I wanna modernize my RR I figured LS 4060LE, rear end swap to get rid of leaf springs and go full coil overs and go efi instead of carb, and a LS is a heck of allot cheaper and easier to build than a 318/340/360/5.7 hemi swap
I rarely hand out red X's but you deserved that one!

I dont Red x either... But had to follow suit. Can you not just buy a wrecked Charger Cop car and swap out the guts. Why would you go to the limp wrist side of things? I mean if you are going all out to bastardize a car why not just stick a 2JZ Jap motor in it. :mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

6LS MSD box will get you fire for an LS Swap. Not sure on the fuel injeection side of things. I went with a carb intake on a LS and a 650 CFM Holley at first. But then went with a Sniper. THis was in a 68 Gutless.

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4601.JPG

BHGC6273.JPG

Last edited:
I didn’t want to comment, because I know I’ll just be one of the “fueled by the haters” people. But it needs to be said so.

Can we quit with the “let’s ls swap everything because it’s cheap” B.S.

If you want cheap, throw in a small block. Or find a cheap big block, they’re rare but still around. If you want power, spend the money.

If you want LS power, build a damn Chevy. But why be part of the assembly line diving into the cookie cutter modern engine swap pool, when you can play in the more uncommon now playing with vintage iron. Sure modern engines are better and all, but why not be “old school”

D6A576B2-5985-4090-9A5B-C660208F0C23.jpeg

I don't think that you have factored into your "allot cheaper" budget that you will severely devalue your car in doing this. 73 B Plymouths are not the most sought after Mopar to start with...... Toss an LS in it and the buyer pool pretty much goes to zero.

Put a 5.7 in it, you achieve your goals and it makes the car much more attractive to potential buyers. Not to mention that you will be able to open your hood at a cruize-in without being pelted by rotten tomatoes.

I am convinced people come on here and say this crap just to get poke the bear and create chaos. I doubt the OP even has a RR of any year but if he does, well sell it or trade it for a G2/3 Camaro, firebird, trans am, etc.

Jesus Christ dude....

1 huh 1.gif

People have taken time to help guide you with your questions about the car but it appears that it has been a waste of time.
It appears that you are either ignorant beyond belief or simply trying to troll people.
No real Mopar guy would dare stuff a Chevy engine in their car. Some fair weather Mopar guys do switch to the inferior coil over front ends to save weight for drag racing but you show interests of ditching traditional Mopar engineering just to save a buck.
Here is an idea...EARN MORE MONEY, then build your car the right way. If you're pulling in $450 a week after taxes, this car hobby isn't for you right now. I am not rich by any means but I stayed true to Chevy when I owned Camaros and now I'm true to Mopar now that I switched sides.
This isn't Cuba where you have to scrounge for everything. Parts to build a stock based Mopar engine are not hard to find if you have your eyes open.
A three dollar BJ behind a dumpster is CHEAP too but it isn't worth bragging about either.

Becareful because alot of the so called purists/archeologists/barret jackson experts that sold their hemi cudas and superbirds for 500 dollars back in the day to get a dodge caravan first gen and now own four door Aries k car or c body car are gonna be pissed !! Be ready for that lol
I wish you knew how stupid this sounds

when you pop the hood on an LS swapped Mopar.......

it's like being in the delivery room with your wife and the baby comes out with a "tan" :lol:

1689986307291.png

Purepony said:

I wish you knew how stupid this sounds

FACT.
Inferior spelling and grammar aside, the gibberish is worthless and not close to factual.
I seriously doubt anyone sold a Hemi car to buy any minivan. There are no K cars on the road anymore and dudes with LESS "likes" than POSTS have stats like that for a reason.
The reason is, the members don't find them helpful or correct on much of what they post.

Auto Transport Service
Back