• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS swap ?

*runs and hides till the pitch forks and torches go away*

Ok so now that that's over with, anyone ever LS swap a 73 RR and or do a 460LE tranny swap? Do they make a kit for it and or a plug in play wiring harness? Since I wanna modernize my RR I figured LS 4060LE, rear end swap to get rid of leaf springs and go full coil overs and go efi instead of carb, and a LS is a heck of allot cheaper and easier to build than a 318/340/360/5.7 hemi swap
Here is a post about an LS swapped Charger. You will get to read plenty of negative comments just from this post alone. So its your choice either way....
Here is a good idea for an engine swap. Find a Dodge Ram van with a 360 in it. And swap that into your car. They are cheap and plentiful.

Anyhow here is the post. LS Swapped 69 Charger.

Unlike most people here, i would not hate you for doing this but i would also never encourage you.

a LS is a heck of allot cheaper and easier to build than a 318/340/360/5.7 hemi swap

If i was going to all the trouble of swapping a modern engine in this car i would not consider any of the options you listed.
I would put in a 392/6.4L or go with the hellcat engine if i wanted more power than that. (Which you IMO really can't make much use of on the street)

Of course you can also get a comparably large displacement ls but people still won't like it :mob:

That said i'm not a huge fan of putting modern engines in old cars (no matter if ls or 3rd gen hemi) in general.

Last edited:
In the end none of us own your car and we can't make the decision for you. Thats on you, call these guys purists or whatever you want to call them but some of these cars they own are top notch and worth more than others. I guess what I'm trying to say is there is wisdom in the masses and most of the mass are telling you not to swap an LS into your car. But, like I said in the end its your car and you have to live with the choice.

bugs-bunny-sawing-off-florida-gif-9.gif

He has watched too much whistling dixie on you tube. Get out of your parents basement.

In fairness to the topic. The Cutlass already had a 4.8 LS engine in it. So I did nothing to the car other than swap in the 5.7 all aluminum engine and add the Sniper.

IMG_4571.JPG

GOES1279.JPG

How is an LS 'cheap'? I work with guys all the time with this garbage and yeah, 10 years ago they were cheap, but the junkyards got wind of it and now the ones that are worth a **** are similar in price to a 5.7 hemi. And frankly, 6.4L hemi will run circles around a 6.0 LS. Watch some engine masters. The torque and hp are better due tp the 6.4L humongous intake and exhaust ports.
Lol, 'cheap', motor mounts, headers, trans mount, shift linkage, cooling system, accessory drives that will work with the mopar ps and ac, wiring, efi control, trans control, driveshaft, lol. I'm trying to find 'cheap' in all this.
You're dreaming. Sorry, but I do this kind of stuff all the time and 'cheap' is not congruent with 'engine swap'.
But if you want a road runner you can't take to any mopar shows and has less than zero value, have at it! It'll be entertaining to watch and be sure to list all your 'cheap' parts. Lol. I think my buddy is at about 10k so far ls swapping his mustang. It was 'cheaper' than fixing his 3V 4.6. Yeah, right.

Why do all that work to turn it into Chevy. Just sale the mopar and buy a camaro. Save alot of time and money not to mention saving a mopar from death.

Auto Transport Service
Back