• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Luk clutch

Charlied

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed Luk clutch in a 74 400 big block ? Searching the site seems some have used a Luk 05-029 The Mopar factory parts book I have shows an 11” disc. Searched the Luk catalogue and don’t see any for a 74 400 big block. Think I’m down to a Luk or a McLeod 75108 ,or 109 dependent on number of teeth on flywheel.
Thanks

I can't speak to your specific application, but I sold luk when I ran my store/shop, I had very good results, in some cases, luk was oem and a premium brand. I'd use is with no worries.

Has anyone installed Luk clutch in a 74 400 big block ? Searching the site seems some have used a Luk 05-029 The Mopar factory parts book I have shows an 11” disc. Searched the Luk catalogue and don’t see any for a 74 400 big block. Think I’m down to a Luk or a McLeod 75108 ,or 109 dependent on number of teeth on flywheel.
Thanks

Careful with that 11" clutch... Mopar used a true 11" clutch in 66-69... What was called by some as a 11" clutch after 70 was actually a 10.95 disc with a 10.5 pressure plate... Thats where the number of teeth on the flywheel comes in...

The 130 came on with an aluminum bell and the 143 was pre 1970 with a cast iron bell.

Just an FYI if this kind of thing matters to you.

Last I knew, LUK making most of thier clutches in Mexico.

Careful with that 11" clutch... Mopar used a true 11" clutch in 66-69... What was called by some as a 11" clutch after 70 was actually a 10.95 disc with a 10.5 pressure plate... Thats where the number of teeth on the flywheel comes in...

The 130 came on with an aluminum bell and the 143 was pre 1970 with a cast iron bell.
Thanks for the detail.So with the car being a 74 all original (I bought it new) the bell housing should be aluminum and therefore flywheel 130 teeth, correct ?
So a McLeod 75209 or 75109 are correct. Still would like find out about a Luk . All being diaphragm, need to remove the pedal over enter spring, right?
Thanks again and be safe

Just an FYI if this kind of thing matters to you.

Last I knew, LUK making most of thier clutches in Mexico.
If they are following the German manufacturing protocols I’m fine with it. Now the hard part, find the correct Luk kit.
Thanks. Be safe.

I would just call Brewers or Passon. They know exactly what you are talking about and will supply the right parts. I know they are listed as a 10.95 and the pressure plate is scalloped to clear the 11 inch disc.

https://www.passonperformance.com/

Last edited:
RAM makes a true 11" 18 spline B&B clutch setup (I have it in Fred right now).
Other than that, not much out there for this setup anymore that isn't a diaphragm type....
I'd love to find a factory stock sort of clutch, though.
Heck, NAPA doesn't even list a reman one anymore.

Yes, you'll be removing the over-center spring if you go diaphragm type.

I would just call Brewers or Passon. They know exactly what you are talking about and will supply the right parts. I know they are listed as a 10.95 and the pressure plate is scalloped to clear the 11 inch disc.
Not familiar with Passon, what’s their contact info, website.
Thanks

RAM makes a true 11" 18 spline B&B clutch setup (I have it in Fred right now).
Other than that, not much out there for this setup anymore that isn't a diaphragm type....
I'd love to find a factory stock sort of clutch, though.
Heck, NAPA doesn't even list a reman one anymore.

Yes, you'll be removing the over-center spring if you go diaphragm type.
Check out Rock Auto ,Platinum Driveline 05036 shows as 11” with B & B set up

Auto Transport Service
Back