• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark the Calendar, Just dropped off my "X" at the paint shop!

Now the fun starts! This is the exciting part where pieces start going together permanently! You're gaining on it now!

Hawk

Gorgeous! Must be quite the relief to get it home before all hell breaks loose from above! :thumbsup:

Beautiful. Awesome winter project you have to look forward to.

The fenders and the doors are going in the house in an "Extra" bedroom
so I don't have to bump and move them 1000 times. Hope my Wife likes
the smell of Urethane Reducer!

Wow, she looks great! Your very lucky, mine has been in paint jail for 1 year 3 months! I might be getting her back next week! Here's a pick of mine.

20201230_161221.jpg

20201230_161233.jpg

Looks good! What did you use for the black on the hood? Just rite! My "X" has the
"other" blackout pattern on the hood. goes from louver to louver. I'll put that on
later after I buff it.

Looks good! What did you use for the black on the hood? Just rite! My "X" has the
"other" blackout pattern on the hood. goes from louver to louver. I'll put that on
later after I buff it.

I'm not sure what black he used but I told him I wanted it like the original. I just saw it today. He is putting the hardware on then one more buff. Now we both have a lot of work to do! LOL

I'm putting Kilmat down now, and then I have aFactory sound deadener liner
that goes down from front to back. It'sasphault based, but does not have an odor.

By the way gentlemen: @eldubb440 always told me to use just windex or similar on my black stripes (I have a 70 Road Runner); no waxes to shine it up! It has always worked great for me.

I'm putting Kilmat down now, and then I have aFactory sound deadener liner
that goes down from front to back. It'sasphault based, but does not have an odor.

I was going to get kilmat but ended up with Allmat from amazon. When I was there today he was using some sound deadening paint on the floor then I will put the Allmat over it.

By the way gentlemen: @eldubb440 always told me to use just windex or similar on my black stripes (I have a 70 Road Runner); no waxes to shine it up! It has always worked great for me.

Thanks, good to know, I don't want it to get shiny!

Looks like there's no difference between Allmat & Kilmat. Same material
and same price per Sq.Ft. It'll make a big difference!

Auto Transport Service
Back