• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum Auction Indy

coronet500

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I was watching the Mecum Auction at Indy this afternoon and saw the 1970 Barracuda 440-6 survivor car sell for $132,500. A very honest original car.

A couple nice B bodies too. A 65 Coronet and a 65 Belvedere vert.

Anybody else watching?

Got it recorded....just got to find some time to watch. Always enjoy watching Mecum. Like a drive through car show from my chair..lol

Boy those announcers just don't know crap about Mopars, do they?

They did mention you couldn't get a/c on a 440+6 (although it sounded like they may have been reading that), but failed to mention the car was a Gran Coupe (Barracuda), and most likely did not come with a 440, or the rallye hood.

I'm watching too... can't watch all of it, got it on in the background thou...

- - - Updated - - -

I watch most all the auctions, it's just a car show to me, some damn decent deals, on many different make so far... especially the Wed & Thurs. cars...

Bill Stephens is a buddy of mine - he drives a Black Jeep SRT as a daily driver - good guy...

I was watching the Mecum Auction at Indy this afternoon and saw the 1970 Barracuda 440-6 survivor car sell for $132,500. A very honest original car.

A couple nice B bodies too. A 65 Coronet and a 65 Belvedere vert.

Anybody else watching?

I've been watching and seeing what seems like some really good deals (not necessarily all Mopars). My girls have been watching with me and grilling me on all the cars .. and I've been loving it!!!. The are really interested and firing questions like little interrogators in machine gun fashion ... one after another. After 3 straight hours of that treatment last night I had to beg off because I had a sore throat from talking so much for so long but like I said I'm loving it. They even asked if they can help me work on the cars so that's another incentive to get a car up here in the garage LOL!

yeah Bill Stephens Knows MoPar's, he been around them for years, the other 2 are mostly Ford/Mustang aficionados/squirrels, some expertise on the GM Muscle Car era stuff by Bill too, he use to for many years & recently started to again announce NHRA Drag racing...

- - - Updated - - -

I've been watching and seeing what seems like some really good deals (not necessarily all Mopars). My girls have been watching with me and grilling me on all the cars .. and I've been loving it!!!. The are really interested and firing questions like little interrogators in machine gun fashion ... one after another. After 3 straight hours of that treatment last night I had to beg off because I had a sore throat from talking so much for so long but like I said I'm loving it. They even asked if they can help me work on the cars so that's another incentive to get a car up here in the garage LOL!

tallhair, little interrogators...LOL... That's too cool, I miss have my girls & boy around {also my niece & nephew}, bugging the hell out me, all the time, but all grown up now...

- - - Updated - - -

any guesses what the Orange/Vitamin-C 70 Superbird 440ci 4bbl 727tf will go for latter today... I'm saying $95k-$100k, the market is down a little, it may go for more thou, if they get a couple spirited bidders...

Seems like they know a lot about pontiacs, chevys esp vettes and camaros, and mid 50s stuff.

trying to watch the DVR ....I am so sick of Camaro's & Mushtanggs........
I love cars BUT sometimes this stuff is painful.

BTW; '68 ply Hemi RED Barracuda replica was so cool! :love4:

Black 70 hemi RR, WOW!:headbang:

overall not a bad auction, at-least there were a few nice Mopar's, some old race cars, cool trucks, some great deals on early days & then some deals, that make you think, "why are these people drinken' their Bong Water"...

trying to watch the DVR ....I am so sick of Camaro's & Mushtanggs........
I love cars BUT sometimes this stuff is painful.

BTW; '68 ply Hemi RED Barracuda replica was so cool! :love4:

Black 70 hemi RR, WOW!:headbang:
Last Thuirsday I was at my local car show and their was 20 Camaros and 2 Road Runners. I wonder if these guys feel kinda lost with somany Camaros. But their was 1 New Cjhallenger 392 6.4 hemi and 10 ro so Mustangs.

Anybody Notice The Red 1963 Plymouth Max-Wedge That Came Across The Auction Block Saturday Afternoon? That Thing Was Gorgeous!

yeah it was awesome... If it's the one, that I'm thinking of on Saturday, It didn't sell either, if I remember correctly, it didn't meet the reserve, at something like $90k was the last bid, "I think"...LOL..

But HEY!
How many of you saw those neat 69 Camaro Resto-Mods go for $90K and more?

LOL
All crap!

Of all the auctions, Dana has the best.
In my opinion

But HEY!
How many of you saw those neat 69 Camaro Resto-Mods go for $90K and more?
LOL
All crap!
Of all the auctions, Dana has the best.
In my opinion

I like Mecum auctions, IMHFO the high dollar, quality built, Resto-Mods & Pro-Touring cars of all makes, are the newest hottest sellers, sometime even much more, than even a restored rare cars are selling for... I personally like that, we have a ton of restorations already, a little change in the market is good, I'm a day 2 kind of guy anyway, not really a 100% purist at heart, I'm a Hot Rodder, not a restorer...

- - - Updated - - -

unless it's an ultra rare car, or maybe a cool non-base car survivor, that needs to be left alone, their only original once....

I turned it off, seemed like a GM car show and I wouldn't drive to see one so I'm not going to sit and watch one while in my own home. It got to the point where I started to know more about Camaros than I EVER wanted to know. When they started to argue about where the name Coronet came from I realized I had enough.

What kills me is the incredible $ that is being spent on old drag cars. They sold "Dyno" Don Nicholsons restored 65 Comet AFX car for $410,000. And to think that the old racers used to take the cars that were a few years old (obsolete) and sell them for a few hundred, or just push them out behind the shop and start scavenging parts from them. Crazy. If I only knew back then.

Auto Transport Service
Back