• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moog offset bushing question?

Yup, you're absolutely right. They used to point the opposite direction. I swear to God they caint leave anything alone. Used to be you pointed the arrow toward the frame to make that side of the control arm longer. That's nuts. Best thing to do is ignore the arrow and lust look at the hole. It's really kinda self explanatory.

thats because NOW they are made in chincheena lol

I think we're possibly arguing the same point, RRR.

The simple diagram is not 100% accurate, as the adjustment on our cars is at the top, and not in the center of the spindle.

Attachments

• camber caster toe.jpg
    camber caster toe.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 381
  • caster camber toe.gif
    caster camber toe.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 367
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how much additional caster can you actually get by using these offset bushings?

RustyRatRod is correct. To get more caster "+" you need to move the upper ball joint towards the rear of the car. More "+" caster the better the stability. Think of a bikes front forks...lots of caster. I might try those bushing to get more caster w/o buying the tubular upper arms.

thank you for your theory. i always wondered what caster meant.

Auto Transport Service
Back