• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR Cans Of Spray Paint. All Colors. $1.50 A Can. Sacramento, CA. Area. NOT MINE

hemi71x

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
Mopar Spray Paint Assorted Colors - auto parts - by owner - vehicle...

NOT MINE.
If your local to the Sacramento, Commiefornia area, this vendor has a damm good deal on all colors of Mopar spray paints.

MOPAR Paint 1.jpg

MOPAR Paint 2.jpg

Bargain Smart Store.jpg

Last edited:
How much for all of them?

You could mark those up 2000% and probably still sell almost all of them at local shows in a fairly short period of time.

I personally need a case or two each of engine turquoise, blue and orange plus it would be nice to have a case each of several interior and exterior colors.

Wow, i just looked on ebay for Mopar spray paint, and was shocked at the prices, vendors want to get for a can of spray paint. $20.00 - $25.00 + is the asking prices.

I couldn't believe it. Holy S*#t. Is it worth it for me to buy lots of different colors, and try and sell them, on these car related web sites? I'm not a seller on ebay, of it would have to be here on this site, and the A, E, bodies sites?

I wonder what vintage they are and how they are cataloged on the can.

There are a couple of concerns.
First is quality. I have had cans of factory paint that wouldn’t spray or sprayed in inconsistent spurts.
Secondly is shipping.
The USPS always asks if I’m shipping anything aerosol, liquid, perfume or lithium batteries. Maybe there are restrictions on shipping?
Selling at swap meets would work but would take time.

I wonder what vintage they are and how they are cataloged on the can.
Good question.
I didn't think of that.
I didn't look at dates, on the box's by the bar codes on the cardboard box's.
That's my bad.
I went up, and bought 12 each of the orange, and blue colors.
They all are the small 5oz. cans, that the store has for sale.
There are shelves, and shelves, full of paint, at that store.

Good question.
I didn't think of that.
I didn't look at dates, on the box's by the bar codes on the cardboard box's.
That's my bad.
I went up, and bought 12 each of the orange, and blue colors.
They all are the small 5oz. cans, that the store has for sale.
There are shelves, and shelves, full of paint, at that store.

You could be buying paint for one year only recall ice blue clear coat Plymouth Acclaims.

You could be buying paint for one year only recall ice blue clear coat Plymouth Acclaims.
O.K., if you might think so.
I wouldn't have any knowledge about that, one way or other.

Relax, it's just humor.

...but if there's no clear description or easily translatable code on the cans.....

My A12 motor has to be the right color. Otherwise, I could care less about the engine color, as long as it's not black.
I would buy LOTS of colors, and lots of cans of engine paint at that price!!

First time for me at that store, this morning.
Should go there more often.
In a way, it's like a Lowes, or Home Depot.
And i used to work pretty close to that location back in the 80's, at an auto repair shop, down the street.
Wasn't sure which way the street numbers ran on the street, and didn't know what the store looked like, so i now posted a picture, if anyone's wanting to find it.

Different paint manufacturers make different shades of the same color. Some are right and some are wrong. For instance, Mopar Hemi orange paint is garbage. It’s so thin, you have to put on 20 coats or spray Chevy orange as a base coat. For the 2-3 cans it takes to spray an engine, it isn’t worth taking a chance on unknown bargain basement paint. With what it costs to rebuild an engine today, do you really want to cheap out on the paint?

The Mopar brand 70's light blue is the best of any IMO for those engines.

I understand the turquoise is also correct.

Different paint manufacturers make different shades of the same color. Some are right and some are wrong. For instance, Mopar Hemi orange paint is garbage. It’s so thin, you have to put on 20 coats or spray Chevy orange as a base coat. For the 2-3 cans it takes to spray an engine, it isn’t worth taking a chance on unknown bargain basement paint. With what it costs to rebuild an engine today, do you really want to cheap out on the paint?
I switched to spraying my rebuilds with catalyzed automotive paint...

131 R.JPG

134 R.JPG

308 G.jpg

310 R.JPG

313 R.JPG

Gotta agree with that. Many years ago, re-doing my max wedge, had to be race hemi orange.
I think I used four cans of Mopar paint, all I could find in the right shade at the time. Glad they were only$10 at the time, instead of $25......
Runny, thin, terrible coverage, and lousy durability

That's the exact opposite experience I had with their light corporate blue.

I could have done my small block with a single coat.

The only issue I had was the paint was so thick it partially clogged the nozzle and was prone to filling up the crimped on nozzle attachment area, and then running down the can onto my hand.

Other than that, I could tell it was a quality paint by the way it went on. It's held up very well, too.

this reminds me of when Kelly Bundy was dating a local Chicago politician and Al cornered the market on meter maid shoes....... what could possibly go wrong?

I checked out this store and these cans of paint, yesterday. These are small 5 ounce cans, maybe 6-inches tall with the cap. While they bear the Mopar label, the expiration date on the cartons has already passed. The colors appear to be for the 2010+ era of Dodge and Chrysler cars. Not a single color I could find seemed applicable to our 1960 and 1970 era cars. No Hemi Orange, No Plum Crazy Purple, No Argent Silver, No Chrysler Blue, etc.

I left without buying a single can.

Auto Transport Service
Back